⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few hours around GG,

Large one weights 17.2ct

wd8n.jpg

Nugget said:
Very nice Joe, are you able to talk us through what you have there?

Thanks nugget, mainly sapphires and zircon. Ocationaly you may get a small diamond and or ruby very rare but have found a few. Not in this batch.

Awesome find there joe, I can only dream, my young fella and I have been to GG twice and both times we've left disappointed, being colour blind doesnt help. I'm worried I've thrown some away, after looking at your find.

Did you find those near the bridge or on private property. I've dug at the bridge area and across the road at the farmers fossicking area.

Anyone know when the next group outting to GG is? So I can workout where to dig and what to look out for.
Cheers
Geoff

Colin&Lee said:
Lovely finds dude we had a good day Friday found a few lovely's as well ;)

Cheers

Col
Cheers Col, forgot to mention leaches are out and hungry :)

joe said:
Colin&Lee said:

Cheers

Col

I'm hearing you they didn't seem to shrink over winter either, we had a few close encounters of the Red Belly Black kind as well :eek:

Paperboy said:
Awesome find there joe, I can only dream, my young fella and I have been to GG twice and both times we've left disappointed, being colour blind doesnt help. I'm worried I've thrown some away, after looking at your find.

Did you find those near the bridge or on private property. I've dug at the bridge area and across the road at the farmers fossicking area.

Anyone know when the next group outting to GG is? So I can workout where to dig and what to look out for.
Cheers
Geoff

Hi Geoff, if in doubt and you are getting black jack or black spinel just scoope it with your hands that is the centre (heavies) into a bucket and check them at home under good light. As soon as the sun goes behind the cloud it's really difficult to pick stones as the dark blues look like black spinel. The bridge must get a good work out :) Yes it's all around that area.

Colin&Lee said:
joe said:
Colin&Lee said:

Cheers

Col

I'm hearing you they didn't seem to shrink over winter either, we had a few close encounters of the Red Belly Black kind as well :eek:
Funny that red belly, my son was pulling some yabbies today for fishing and said dad, dad red belly just gone to a yabbie hole :) they are quite docile creatures and keep to them self. Tiger,brown and copper head get my pressure going and yes there is enough of them around GG. So gum boots, first aid kit, and let your friend know of your whereabouts.

Looks like a nice couple of hours at GG there Joe. Need to get out there soon to rid myself of all that WA dust. Hope to see you out there over the next couple of trips mate.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Joe,
I'll have to go back to GG and give it another go, does the farmer across the road own the property upstream. Are the sapphires located in spots where gold should be? or do you just dig in the banks like at the bridge area. Sorry for all the questions.
Cheers Geoff

hello had second trip to gg did not find any thing asked people there and they did not know was case of blind leading blind keen for group outing for this place so we can go over rules so we all know what we can and cant do at this place would hate to get every one in trouble doing some thing wrong and would be keen to see how it is done I am rather long way from finding them on my own looking and looking 8)

Nice finds Joe,, :)

is that big one see through? it looks a bit reddest. and what's GG diamond & ruby's look like can we see a pic please.

Again they look very nice :)

Cheers
"B"

G'day Wal, :)

Back already how's the trip? Hope to see some interesting video of your adventure with Manang Liz.

Cheers,
"B"

Gold689 said:
Nice finds Joe,, :)

is that big one see through? it looks a bit reddest. and what's GG diamond & ruby's look like can we see a pic please.

Again they look very nice :)

Cheers
"B"

Hi B

Here is a collection from GG, still sorting out but will get better shots when i get my new camera.

btp0.jpg

Just gotta pick my jaw up off the floor. Nice collection Joe, hope ours looks that good in a few years.

Plenty of snakes at GG for sure, was minding my own business sieving there yesterday when a couple of people up on the higher bank under the bridge were pointing and saying snaaaaake, red belly snaaaaake , hmmmm ok, I had a look, snake had a look, I moved and got out of it's way and snake took off in the opposite direction for swim across the creek. Mate saw another vanish into rocks right on the water line. Red Bellies just don't bother me, my heart rate did not waver, but Browns and Copperheads sure do, they will make the heart skip a few beats.

Really got to keep your eyes open down there, so many frogs about, that's what RB's are after, makes them a little more dangerous when they are hiding where you are digging.

We got 8 Sapphires a few Zircons and had a great night camping.

Wow that is one collection of gems Joe, do you send them for cutting?
My understanding with accessing creeks & rivers on private property from my fishing days, is if I enter the creek or river via crown land, as long as I stay within the riparian corridor I'm ok.

Iin order to allow for angling access in NSW rivers and creeks, section 38 of the NSW Fisheries Management Act 1994 declares that the public has a right to fish despite the private ownership of the bed of the river or creek.

But looking at GG access upstream of the bridge the riparian corridor ends around 2km upstream, so you'll need permission to enter that area.

Has anyone found any sapphires downstream from the bridge on the farmers fossicking area property?

WalnLiz said:
Looks like a nice couple of hours at GG there Joe. Need to get out there soon to rid myself of all that WA dust. Hope to see you out there over the next couple of trips mate.

Cheers Wal.
:) I'll give you a hand washing the WA gold dust if i get to keep it lol, probably end up with few grams. Yes must get together - Im still attached to the sieves and need to upgrade to Walbanker

Wow :eek: Joe,

Do you have a Sapphire mine spot at GG.
That's a lot of gems m8 :) :) thank you for the photos, get's me all fired up for more diggings. :D

Cheers,
"B"

Paperboy said:
Wow that is one collection of gems Joe, do you send them for cutting?
My understanding with accessing creeks & rivers on private property from my fishing days, is if I enter the creek or river via crown land, as long as I stay within the riparian corridor I'm ok.

Iin order to allow for angling access in NSW rivers and creeks, section 38 of the NSW Fisheries Management Act 1994 declares that the public has a right to fish despite the private ownership of the bed of the river or creek.

But looking at GG access upstream of the bridge the riparian corridor ends around 2km upstream, so you'll need permission to enter that area.

Has anyone found any sapphires downstream from the bridge on the farmers fossicking area property?

Hi Geoff, thanks mate

I'm not up to date with access laws and certainly would not try and enforce them to gain access, but as long as you have a good relationship with any farmer/landowner respect their property, especially when in lambing season (no dogs) keep the area tidy you may get lucky, long term relationship take time to build. There are many people that come and go thus you must put yourself in the farmers shoes on a quite Sunday afternoon .

Latest posts