⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Gold689, aren't you glad you joined this forum? :) every now and then there is group outing so keep an eye on dates. More than happy to show you my technique. Cheers mate

Thanks Joe,, and yes I am very glad. :)

I will let you know when were heading that way..

Cheers,
B :)

Weird looking Sapphire this one from GG yesterday, 16ct though, my mate pulled it out of his pocket when we got home.

1380062904_20130925_084007.jpg

Yeah I guess theres always the chance there of pulling a good 1 at GG, I don't think this one is decent quality with all the inclusions but still a nice find.

Just need a nice clear Cornflower Blue that size.

nice lot of finds and starting to look for gems myself now and hop to post them up on here to

Nice handful of the hard stuff gold689, iv been prospecting up narrow little creeks around hanging rck Nundle,rubbing my elbows on blackberrys .had a wet thing fall in my gumboot and told myself to be brave and pull the leach out! For what? Tiny winny pretty stones that fall through the bottom screen, but the hunt is on and I smell Ruby's.

went to gg for the long weekend using the banker for the first time, found maybe 20 carrats of sapphire/zircon all under 2 carrats, except for an interesting black copper stone I think will cab cut into a star, I will have to take to lapidary to be annalyzed. Walked 2 K down the river did a test seive, came up with alot of spinel, then walked back up the river carried the banker and pump back down, set up, after an hour found not enough sapphires, crossing the river on way back fell in with the waders filled with water, no spare change of shoes or clothing, with the amount of glass everywhere bare foot was out of the question, had to walk back in wet waders no socks, feet sliding around, while carrying the pump and rock climbing. Absolute mission. Farmer whats his name up on the hill would have fainted from laughter

Can picture it now Charlie, bummer mate, some days you wish you just stayed home, heh. Yeah that's why I think I prefer sieves, easier to carry.

I'm thinking about heading down in the morning with a mate. Was going to go to Oberon but big tall Pine trees and strong winds are not a good combination.

charlie123 said:
went to gg for the long weekend using the banker for the first time, found maybe 20 carrats of sapphire/zircon all under 2 carrats, except for an interesting black copper stone I think will cab cut into a star, I will have to take to lapidary to be annalyzed. Walked 2 K down the river did a test seive, came up with alot of spinel, then walked back up the river carried the banker and pump back down, set up, after an hour found not enough sapphires, crossing the river on way back fell in with the waders filled with water, no spare change of shoes or clothing, with the amount of glass everywhere bare foot was out of the question, had to walk back in wet waders no socks, feet sliding around, while carrying the pump and rock climbing. Absolute mission. Farmer whats his name up on the hill would have fainted from laughter

Hope you sort permission from my friend "Farmer whats his name and his son to use your HB on their property"

I'd hate to see the actions of a few ruin it for everyone.

Regards

Colin

Thanks everyone, :)

Sieves is my weapon of choice.
easier to move around to find a good spot.

And yes!! must get permission from the owner of the property if your allowed to HB the area.

Cheers,
"B"

yes I spoke to the farmer in the morning, he came down, was very friendly told me the history of the river and a few spots. The bridge is fine to highbank you have to ask him if you want to go further up or down and also if you want to camp behind the gate over the hill, he doesnt mind people camping as long as they are not being to loud and pick up there rubbish

Latest posts