⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Picker, that pink stone looks a lot like rose quartz, depending on it's size I think something could be done with it.

Hi everyone hope everyone a good long weekend
Just finished a clean up from the weekend at reedy creek, beautiful weekend just a bit chilly in the water though.
1433759817_080620152.jpg
1433759886_08062015.jpg

Got a total of 1.5 grams and a sore back

Bourbon I assume you were highbanking, were you shovelling for flood gold or did you crevice for that result?
Jon

hope so I been going to the same spot now on and off for about 6 months and got a total of 12 grams, it doesn't seem to matter which rock you dig behind its everywhere just a pity its so small

1433845892_image.jpg

1433845893_image.jpg

1433845893_image.jpg

1433845894_image.jpg

Hi guys went out panning today and found this not sure if it is gold or not it looks almost silver. Please help I'm new at this and I'm not sure as I found some gold but this was a lighter colour
Thanks golden river :)

If you look in the 3rd and 4th pic above you can see the one that looks almost silver next to a little bit of gold I found. I hope it's gold as it's a nice size for me
Thanks for any help guys I have just started this great game of looking for GOLD :D

no comment :) technically dont touch it, if it is mercury you cna place it on a pan of some sort on a gas cooker outside and walk away, that amount of mercury wont do anyone any harm provided you dont breath it in.

To late I have been playing with it all day trying to work out if it's gold or not.
Well I have found a spot that's giving me good colour so that's good news and I have a bucket of material to get me through the week when I get home from work. Thanks for your help mate :D

Blocker said:
Hi Picker, that pink stone looks a lot like rose quartz, depending on it's size I think something could be done with it.

Probably just be the light or a reflection because in person it's crystal clear. Pretty sure its plain old quartz crystal or zircon i think...Theres another bigger bit and better light.

1433856395_p1040290.jpg

1433856395_p1040292.jpg

Latest posts