⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1432866810_1432866887588.jpg

The Rockin yobskin strikes again....rocked the struth out of it and still didnt find any colour in me tailings...i cant wait to hit a gravel bar...slappin me hat n doin a jig. :D

1433022378_1433022537235.jpg

My sons efforts from rocking yesterday....he is guna have big smiles when he wakes up.... :D . He was telling me yesterday he wants to take the rocker in for show n tell...dig some dirt to show them.... mmmmm the school was built on mines...hahaha

Found a little yellow today, relieving the stress, feels good just to be getting out, found this in about 5 20 litre buckets, problem was I tested from all over the place to feed the sluice, can't wait to have a trommel I'll move so much more paydirt squares are 1cm's used the gf's cutting mat
1433491354_image.jpg

Looking forward to going out for a swing with Pete 2moro :)

It was good to find some decent colour about 2grams all up. In desperate need of a motorised classifier or trommel, it's a right royal pain classifying with a 30cm classifier. Just need to get my but Into gear with this trommel build

Side note* thanks to Wal's advice I only ever get a speck or two in my riffle section everything else gets caught in the boiler section, I can just keep running and running, only problem is my sluice eats it for breakfast and I can't keep up with it

Completly stuffed me to be honest, I'm gonna dangle my horse shoe upside down on the back of my SS when I head out with Prospector Pete 2moro, he said I can keep what I find but I'm a fair person so I'll split it with him ;-).. Hopefully it's a 5:1 ratio of junk to gold

Depends where you're detecting i suppose. 5 to 1's not too bad. I've had a lot worse in some spots. 5 buckshot for one 30 grammer would be pretty cool odds as well! Good luck to you both.

That's some nice gold you got today Next1m8, think I'll have to rub your belly for luck before we start tomorrow.
I'm happy splitting 50/50, I'm not too fussed as long as it's a fun day, looking forward to it mate.

Hey all, had an interesting day today so thought i put a few picks up. Basically im sampling a creek looking for a spot to highbank, but as yet most of it is crevice work. This is result of 1 crevice, but I cant even get to the bottom of it yet as my mini crowbar wasnt long enough. What surprised me was this little sapphire that I havent seen or known about in the area. Also I got the shock of my life with all that lead shot! I have never seen so much turn up in the pan. This was about 6 pans worth, 3 hours in this crevice. Was wondering also, the rock, rock crystal? Few bits arround this area, it's kind of has an oily surface..Cheers all, Gabe:/

1433588308_p1040270.jpg

1433588308_p1040272.jpg

1433588308_p1040275.jpg

1433588309_p1040277.jpg

1433588309_p1040278.jpg

Latest posts