⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys just got back from spot today and started to go through some of my material and this is what I have found in half a bucket.
1435214084_image.jpg

1435214085_image.jpg
found one nice little nugget and some gems.
Not sure what this is but has silver going along the rock and found a good size gem but not sure what it is.
1435214231_image.jpg

1435214231_image.jpg
well not a bad start still 1 bucket to go through so hope to find a bit more gold. :D

Wally, I have been trying to learn about where to start in a dry creek bed, especially the different layers so thank you so much, the pictures are awesome as I am definitely a visual learner.

Looks great
I'm still finding very fine stuff. Would love my pan to look like that.
Well done guys

Finally got around to posting this.

Got out last weekend after being invited over to the ballarat area by Golddigg@. Usually the timing is always off but finally the stars alligned in our favour and both of us had some spare time to get some digging done.

A great couple of days was spent, for me it was more like a training trip and many thanks to GD for taking the time to teach a novice the finer art of High volume Highbanking. I'm glad to say at the end of the couple of days he was as sore as I was though...we moved plenty of pay dirt :D
1435803958_1435533771_20150627_083820.jpg

A quick clean up from a few short hours shovelling shows some good promise for the area
1435804154_1435742808_h3100006_640x480.jpg

And after a bit of sampling and casual panning we mangaed some more nice colour from this old adit.

Thanks GD and I look forward to doing it all again, maybe next time we will find a cheaper Pie shop ;) $10 was a bit steep :eek:

hahah it was good fun mate, yes definitely pass on the $10 pie thanks again for lunch :) good to see you weren't afraid to get your hands and (climbing into adits) head dirty :) well hit it agaih for sure mate when the starts align

Latest posts