Heatho's Equinox Madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Nice finds Heatho.
Hope the boy is ok.
I gave the Nox a swing in the silver sand pit after the update as well..Although I didn't find anything I was running it on full sensitivity and thinking it's very quiet.Im glade you noticed it as well .I'm looking forward to trying it at my extreamly mineralized little beach now :perfect:
I have a beach in mind Smoky

I read in the paper that the young fella is ok though has a broken femur and was pinned under the car, poor kid is only 18 months old. :(

Not something you would expect when out having a quiet detect, still pulling out silvers from the honeyhole which is good to see Heatho. :Y:

Hope the young fella is okay mate.....Nice silver finds mate... Hoping to be back on the board with Silvers tomorrow, have a meet up with a guy from Facebook that I met once before down my way....Big city GDA is coming to take the goodies.... :) :Y:

Cheers fellas, yeah still quite a few random silvers there, could just keep wandering there for years finding them I reckon, such a big field.

Staying out at my parents place in the Hawkesbury for a few days, yesterday bagged about $25 in goldies but today I thought I'd hit the park where I found the 2.5oz silver ingot. Ended up getting an 1862 Victoria token, my first token actually, the one in the centre of the 3 tokens, mine isn't in anywhere near as god condition and was only just able to get the date on it and a few other markings.

Also bagged an 1888 Victorian sixpence, a Victorian penny 1890 something plus a couple of other penny's, it's a very trashy park but will definitely require further inspection.

1539838459_img_20181018_145227.jpg

1539838460_img_20181018_152059.jpg

1539838460_img_20181018_152140.jpg

1539838503_token_victoria_1862.jpg

Nice hunting Heath :cool: can see you broadening out the discrimination pattern and clean up a few ring pulls in search for golden pastures :playful:

Wonder if a bit of tumbling would help reverse some age on the token.

Cheers fellas.

I've been hanging around Smoky, just dealing with some crap in life, yesterday and today were my first two sessions in weeks, detecting is a good distraction as Jaros mentioned, will be more hunts coming soon.

Might have to get a tuimbler Wally, would be good to see some more detail on the token. The pic with the three tokens aren't mine, it just shows that the one I found is the middle bottom one.

Oh the sort after 1888 jack the ripper six pence! Anything 1888 from london mint is sort after as jack the ripper was killing close to london mint that same year

Hey everyone, haven't been detecting much lately, though have managed a few hunts, not living near the beaches for a while though will be relocating to the coast soon hopefully.

Anyway have been detecting a few spots in Western Sydney while I'm here and haven't really found anything of real interest until today, pretty dirty on myself for scratching this coin but these things happen sometimes, especially in hard dry ground. :awful:

1797 cartwheel penny. Much better condition than the first one I found, well errr ummm until I scratched it.......

1556077272_img_20190424_132609.jpg

1556077273_img_20190424_133007.jpg

Good to see you back at it Heatho..
Thats the second cartwheels I've seen found in a week..
What a find ..Congratulations :beer: .Dammmmmm I want to find one of those. :) :Y: :beer:

Cheers Smoky, yeah I saw the other one found here too, it's weird how we sometimes get 2's and 3's of things like this found on the forum in a short space of time....

Was the last thing I expected to find today, was just hoping for a few goldies, which I got, but this was the first target of the morning that I retrieved, after this came out I was hoping for some old silvers but there were no more pre dec at all, will try this spot again soon though, might get lucky on some old silver.

I hope you get one too. :Y:

Latest posts