Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diggit said:
Westozadventures said:
producer said:
shakergt said:
I will still continue to watch the show but I am hoping the series four (if there is to be a series four) will not be so staged.

Hi Shaker, yes there will be a Series 4 of Aussie Gold Hunters which will be filmed later this year for broadcast around this time next year!

Regards

Diana

Producer, can you ask vern nicely to remove his illegal stakes from tracks so as people's life's are not put at unnecessary risk??? I'm thinking about going camping in these areas and I'd like to return home safe but on the other hand I will not let a sign intimidate from legally traveling through the bush.

What stakes are those? Are you talking about his 'stay off my lease' signs?

I could be wrong on this but I thought in Western Australia you can go trough another lease in order to get to one you are going to.

producer said:
shakergt said:
I will still continue to watch the show but I am hoping the series four (if there is to be a series four) will not be so staged.

Hi Shaker, yes there will be a Series 4 of Aussie Gold Hunters which will be filmed later this year for broadcast around this time next year!

Regards

Diana

Hey

Am I the only one who has noticed how errr! "diplomatic" Dianna (producer) is about the staging of some of the events on AGH.......

It's OK Dianna I'll still watch it, and that will have no effect on the ratings, of course, but come on... give us a hint???? like what snake catcher travels what? 40 to 60 K's into the desert to catch a snake, and what makes it even less believable is Greg paying for it. Round here they get $130 to travel 5 ks to get em.

Anyway!! just saying!!!

Bazz said:
producer said:
shakergt said:

Regards

Diana

Hey

Am I the only one who has noticed how errr! "diplomatic" Dianna (producer) is about the staging of some of the events on AGH.......

It's OK Dianna I'll still watch it, and that will have no effect on the ratings, of course, but come on... give us a hint???? like what snake catcher travels what? 40 to 60 K's into the desert to catch a snake, and what makes it even less believable is Greg paying for it. Round here they get $130 to travel 5 ks to get em.

Anyway!! just saying!!!
How times have changed.
Theres no way anyone would have called a snake catcher years ago.Especially a bushy.

Smoky bandit said:
Bazz said:
producer said:
shakergt said:

Regards

Diana

Hey

Anyway!! just saying!!!
How times have changed.
Theres no way anyone would have called a snake catcher years ago.Especially a bushy.

Yep!

Mine is called 410 or is that his speed dial number :)

Was layed up for a bit with bugger all to do so I watched all 3 seasons of A.G.H. back to back.

Entertaining but.......

Rick Fishers...firstly, punch that camera man in the face for not giving you a lift when they nicked your battery. Truth be told he probably nicked it himself.
Secondly, sell your detector and take up Macram or finger puppetry or some other safe stay at home type hobby. You're an outback statistic waiting to happen.

Gold Gypsies.... smart marketing move by your friend Jamie at the Garrett shop. That $10000 (loan) was advertising money well spent. Unfortunately there's a few new detectorist trying thier luck out here that got rather miffed once they clicked that there was no way you found that gold with the ATX's.
Could you do us a big favour and instead of selling those cammo outfits to your tour guests, could you switch to flogging them something a damn sight more practical and safer like fluro?

I liked old mate in the rented komatsu loader at the finish of the season,thought they said weve only got it for 5 days but then 2 weeks was mentioned then as the buckets loading up his not lifting it and digging a ramp :D ,at the end i was scratching my head cause they ended up with 2 little cuts that would take about ten minutes at best,comical..... :lol:

yep..and editing needs to be scrutinized a bit better too on occasion. Same hole - different nugget, and I'm not talking 2 nuggets from the same hole.
And you know it's bad when you can pinpoint the nugget from the comfort of your lounge chair long before they even did the scrape.

Another thing... every vehicle seen driving down a dirt road or through the bush is automatically a poacher or someone out to peg the lease you're after. Funny how most of them look like mining vehicles. The gold fields are full of mining vehicles!

Has to peg a lease so he can finish his season total, best commandeer a helicopter as it will make or break his season...still a whole bunch of months before it's granted anyway so not going to matter, just detect it while it's pending.

Entertaining show but it's a comedy. :Y:

:goldpan: :pickshovel:

I feel a cynic attack coming on!!!!

Ooops! it's already here :cool:

Anyone watching Outback Opal Hunters, seems to be a re-run of season 1 8.( :mad: or did I get back to the future 12 months ago :/.

I'm sure I passed Ted and lecky in their 80 series on the way home today just out of kal. The number plate was a government away. Also the two camera cars traveling with them stood out.

shakergt said:
I'm sure I passed Ted and lecky in their 80 series on the way home today just out of kal. The number plate was a government away. Also the two camera cars traveling with them stood out.

Hi Shaker, yes we are filming with Ted and Lecky and Tyler again for Series 4, but for the record there is only one "camera car" ;) as we only have small crews filming each team in Aussie Gold.

AGH4 will be broadcast in mid 2019.

Regards

Diana

I havent read through all of the replies yet so my apologies if this show has been posted. Theres a show on Netflix called Lost Treasure Hunters that is about diamond prospecting. Its really good. Too bad theres only one season of it from 2014 :-(

producer said:
shakergt said:

Hi Shaker, yes we are filming with Ted and Lecky and Tyler again for Series 4, but for the record there is only one "camera car" ;) as we only have small crews filming each team in Aussie Gold.

Regards

Diana

Looking forward t the new season.

shakergt said:
producer said:
shakergt said:

Regards

Diana

Looking forward t the new season.

can't wait for every drama packed moment :argh: (staged or not!!!!!)
:playful:

Yep I don't think a show watching me walk over hills, mountains and valleys for three days with nothing to show except a few swear words would get many views.
At least some bad acting gets controversy.

Well, for me, have many other more interests to bide my time productively than watching this sort of "b******t.
Having said that, if everyone had this view these reality crap shows wouldn't exist.
Yep! The old saying I suppose: "Each for their own."

If we all complained that there is rarely any "good" news on the commercial stations maybe they would change their attitude.
However the majority rule means people enjoy viewing someones elses grief.
Sad world!

Welcome Netflix, endless viewing for all walks of life with out advertisements for $9.95/month. We are also currently investigating Stan,
A half hour commercial show viewing, is 20 minutes show with repeats after adds and 10 minutes adds. Pffft!

also with a vpn you can get Netflix shows from other countries = more shows. Unfortunately I have too much down time atm.

Westozadventures said:
Outback opal hunters is brilliant. I'm going to have to give that a crack someday.

Yeah it's a good show :Y: but it'd be better if it was season 2. We enjoyed watching it last year, hopefully there's a season 2 not far away.

Latest posts