Some finds from Lowmead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pick some good shady spot and dig your hole on the edge that's gunna keep getting shade for the longest time Yj,... and watch out for Joe Blakes :eek: , i hear he's a bit of a snake in the grass ! :D
Was a Surpluss Supply store open in the main street on a Sunday morning once I'm sure. :) (they would have metal seives). :)

Looks like I wont be making it down today grr damm alternator wires gave way. Made it half way to bundy lol

I didn't get out today,.... I was just gardening in the vege patch :) ,.... I too would like to see what was under the overburden. :p

yarrajazz said:
Looks like I wont be making it down today grr damm alternator wires gave way. Made it half way to bundy lol
That'll give you time to be well prepared for next time yj.
Didja get home AOK. :eek:

Yeah had to keep jump starting car with super booster silver lol only had to do it 13 times from kentucky bluegrass back to pine creek ha ha. I fixed it now hoping to head to lowmead in the morning

1444003266_finds_4_oct.jpg
1444003290_throw_seive.jpg
1444003304_best_of_the_day_4th_oct.jpg

my finds from sunday
colour was hard to find but a little and some crappy points
one decent one though
oh thats my throw seive i made from old dog bed with 10 mm mesh on it cost me $2 from the dump
folds up so makes it easier to travel with
hope u all gets some

I like the throw seive tt :D ,... kids could climb up to see all the action(ha),.. sometimes the rewards are meagre, but still worthwhile, like your nice little Keeper :p ,... how did it all look up there ?,... has it rained since the fire ?

heya silver
it mite of rained but was only maybe the slightest amount
since the fire few weeks back that cleaned up everything all the dead leaves r fallling of the trees
but still been good to look around on the naked area
found some nice big rocks together to the north but maybe too far away from the colour to worry about
really shows up all the holes even the very old ones

Hi all :) ,Went up to lowmead yesterday and meet toogoom trio.Nice little crystal tt.Didn't do to good.Found a small pocket of smokys but the purple was hiding :( .Happy with a smoky I found though.We got about 10-15mm of rain last tues-wed silver.I'm 12km away from the diggings so not sure how much they got there.
1444016170_9945611cceb5fa771444007147.jpg
1444016190_7705611cd9adc5b31444007322.jpg
1444016206_6385611ce3e4a7fd1444007486.jpg
1444016225_4045611cea130c241444007585.jpg
1444016253_6745611cf5a578851444007770.jpg

I'm hoping to get up there in the next month sometime for a look again with the family. :D

Normally drive 7 hrs for crystals like that
Will have to head up to lowmead for a dig one weekend
Though it is cooler down Torrington way and I hate heat,maybe next winter

The Lowmead dig site is pretty thickly vegetated and you can do a lot of digging in the shade. From this time of year on, I usually head down around 6 am (I live a little under an hour's drive away) and knock off by around lunchtime when the temps are getting up there.

toogoom trio said:
isn,t funny how the pockets r
some colour some smokey
one good clear one their rockhound

Yep, it occurs in pockets. Although single crystals are found floating around on their own as well.

One day I might actually hit a decent pocket. I've hit small ones a few times and the crystals fell out of the wall with every hit with the pick. But I've never hit a big one that yielded more than about ten crystals, you need Ktmman's brother for that :)

heya all
weather has gone strange atm hot then rain
anyone goin up on the weekend
i,m out got cars to watch but my head up durin next week when i got time

I'll be going up with some peeps from the Bundy gem club on the 25th.
Would be nice if the weather was like it is now,but I doubt it :)

Latest posts