Yep,, Fridges Again ??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
condor22 said:
Ridge Runner said:
BigWave said:
Why do you want a fridge for anyway? Don't you have to put your cans under your armpits for 30+ minutes just to thaw them?

Simple we turn ours up to stop them from freezing, Its minus 2*c here at the moment can't wait for summer, lol

Adelaide's max for the next week, keep in mind it's now Autumn.

36, 32, 34, 33, 30, 29 then a cool change the next day at 28. Night time min hovering 20 or higher.

Yeah, Go on rub it in, I just went down the shop wearing an Arctic Parka Rated to about -50*c and that wind cuts like a knife :eek: :eek:

john

I was there at Xmas 95, it was -7. The insulated gloves I took with me were bloody useless, I had to go buy a pair of pome ones to stop my hands going purple.

It had been 30 years since I was at school in the UK, I'd forgotten just how bloody cold it got.......

I will add that I bought lager and put it in the fridge at home and had a standing order with the local pub to keep half a dozen Heineken on ice, lol. If I wanted something to warm me it was also amber in colour and Product of Scotland :)

condor22 said:
I was there at Xmas 95, it was -7. The insulated gloves I took with me were bloody useless, I had to go buy a pair of pome ones to stop my hands going purple.

It had been 30 years since I was at school in the UK, I'd forgotten just how bloody cold it got.......

I will add that I bought lager and put it in the fridge at home and had a standing order with the local pub to keep half a dozen Heineken on ice, lol. If I wanted something to warm me it was also amber in colour and Product of Scotland :)

I know it gets real cold here, I went detecting once and a didn't go home til after dark and it was minus 14*c, needless to say that was the last time I ever did that, But when you are find old stuff you do get side tracked,

john

Hottest Feb on record up here, and also one of the driest, over night lows of 29 this week, cant wait to go back to normal overnight lows of 26....
Daytime temps of 36 in the suburbs and 33 in the city, but those temps are for at least 18 hours a day, then it cools down to our lows of 29, gradually...

Thanks Condor. I ended up today buying the Engel MT45F-G4CP 40L combi Fridge/Freezer from your recommendation. Can't wait till delivery, as I'll then have a second fridge locked up in my bedroom when not travelling where kids can't steal my beer. I reckon that over my lifetime,I'm going to save heaps!

Congrats on the new fridge, That's the model I wanted, but I could not find one over here, I bet that first beer it going to taste Great,

Good luck and thanks for posting about it,

john

BigWave said:
Stick yours under your armpits till just thawed. That's what we did in the Antarctic in 1980 - like where you are.

Yeah and it will stick to my skin and wax my Armpits when I try to remove it, lol :eek: :eek:

Last week it was minus 5 and next we they say it's going to be in double digits around about 15*c, I'm alright I have a Canada Goose Snow mantra Parka and a pair of Baffin Boots rated to -100*c if things get chilly, and I have sleeping bags rated to -50*c

John

BigWave said:
Thanks Condor. I ended up today buying the Engel MT45F-G4CP 40L combi Fridge/Freezer from your recommendation. Can't wait till delivery, as I'll then have a second fridge locked up in my bedroom when not travelling where kids can't steal my beer. I reckon that over my lifetime,I'm going to save heaps!

I was at BCF tonight, saw the 45 combi. I have 2 reasons for not buying one there and then.

1. I already got an Engel.
2. The Fridge is not cheap but the divorce would be far more expensive 8.(

BigWave said:
Connor,
Engel arrives tomorrow Whroo! I'll cool a warm six pack with it and let you know how they taste - one by one.
Ridge Runner,
Sorry mate, but it doesn't have a thawing capability.

Congrats on the new fridge, did they not have a reverse cycle model ? then I could warm my beer up and slot right in over here,

Les Hiddins would never of had all this trouble,

john

The Cover turned up for mine today, geez they charge like a wounded bull for them over here, 166.00 X 2 =332.00 bucks that flaming hurt, Oh and I ordered the new X-Treme 60" Hi-Lift jack, I got the normal 48" cast red version but this one is a little ripper so I had to have it coz a few times even the 4 foot one was too short, lol

Ridge Runner said:
The Cover turned up for mine today, geez they charge like a wounded bull for them over here, 166.00 X 2 =332.00 bucks that flaming hurt, Oh and I ordered the new X-Treme 60" Hi-Lift jack, I got the normal 48" cast red version but this one is a little ripper so I had to have it coz a few times even the 4 foot one was too short, lol

Bugger....I see so many specials over here that include the cover...

condor22 said:
Ridge Runner said:

Bugger....I see so many specials over here that include the cover...

Yeah I got the fridge cheap but for some reason every one charges a premium for the cover,

I found this on the Engel web site, it refutes the previous test results of the 40 litre @ 956W.

1457671685_small_0_s201510891520443.jpg

It should have been 413W (34.42AH/24 hrs) which is 10W more than ARB (< 1.0AH)

So very comparable.

Goes to show that even accredited testing makes mistakes, and my own experiences knew that something was not quite adding up......

Latest posts