Which Fridge, (its Driving Me Nuts)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it's the techni ice 60l fridge freezer. It's been good for me up here in the N.Q. And draws little power as well. Plug it in the night before heading out bush on the 240v throw a couple of cold tinnies in to help cool it down quickly, and then run it on the 12v system

Thanks Hatter70 for mentioning that brand, will look into them further as they look to be a decent and well made fridge freezer also.

It just may end up doing the job for me as I am torn between Waeco CFX and Engel Platinum although the Techni Ice is less expensive with similar warranty.

We run a 1975 39 l engle...
Only time it is turned off ...
Is when it is taken from the house to the truck ...
And vic versa ...
It runs 24/7 and has done for the 14 years I have owned it....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

With all the positive statements here then Engel gets the nod. Engel also uses a different compressor to the rest

Also I have had an extended conversation with a member here who has been more than helpful and patient with his time spent answering all of my never ending questions.

Hopefully the latest Engel models work and last as long as many say their older models have done so.

Well I just bought an Engel Eclipse today for $799 including insulated cover from BCF. Plastic housing doesn't bother me tough and durable and won't dent like steel. The 73 litre Autofridge is just a little big for weekends away, the 40 litre Engel is much lighter and easier to throw in the back of the wagon for a weekend. Also handy for work during the week being a tradesman and tax deductible..

Claws said:
Well I just bought an Engel Eclipse today for $799 including insulated cover from BCF. Plastic housing doesn't bother me tough and durable and won't dent like steel. The 73 litre Autofridge is just a little big for weekends away, the 40 litre Engel is much lighter and easier to throw in the back of the wagon for a weekend. Also handy for work during the week being a tradesman and tax deductible..

You're laughin Claws, can't beat an Engel.

BTW steel only dents if you don't care for it, unlike plastic. If you don't care for plastic it splits, cracks and breaks.

I suggest you strap it down when in vehicle they last longer....... :)

condor22 said:
BTW steel only dents if you don't care for it, unlike plastic. If you don't care for plastic it splits, cracks and breaks.

Yeah a lot of people believe that but it is only cheap crap plastic that splits and cracks. Some new cars now have plastic panels, most fuel tanks are plastic, plastic jerry cans etc etc. quality plastic can be tougher than steel, uv stabilised and won't dent or rust.

Plastic or steel case they are great fridges and will last a long time.

Latest posts