XP Derp (XP Deus)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocket - stands for "Air Raid Precautions" each state organised their own apparently, just looked it up.

Silver - I got another aerial photo of the site I'm working and the angle is better so I can orientate things well, the spot all this came from had tents on it and later more permanent huts.
I thought everything would be WW2 dated but when I got home noticed the later dates. The site was used post war up until about 1956 (Olympics in Melbourne meant everything embarrassing got swept away) for displaced persons from Europe coming to Australia and by our own poor who were moved out of slums which got demolished.
Victoria has been ruthless with its public service in terms of clean outs but you might just be right, - one day if I have time I'm sure the state library will have something somewhere...

"don't worry nan the ANTI PANIC squad are here, time for a cupa and bex..."

1443655328_anti_panic.jpg

They're the front line workers,... I suppose the warden would have been their boss,... hope that roof holds out. :eek:

Latest posts