XP Derp (XP Deus)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not much from last night but to be fair I have flogged this site repeatedly. XP Dues is getting what's left next to rubbish & iron that I seemed to miss with the CTX.
Looks like a got a 90% silver American quarter - Deus went off, thought I had an early Aussie shilling at first it sounded that good. Probably never get the date off it, worn very badly badly.
Other stuff, filthy six pence, musket ball (??), fired pistol bullet, British army button (?).
Might explore greener pastures tonight if I don't fall asleep.
1441757591_8_sept_15_cpa.jpg

1441757603_8_sept_15_cpc.jpg

are you starting to think, that the deus sorts the trash, from the treasure, better than the ctx? You got a SLQ :)

Have you run the CTX in Ferrous/Coin yet Robert when you think you are missing targets next to iron? I've been switching to it when I think that's happening, just wondering anyway.

What's SLQ Rocket?

Hey Rocket with my limited experience I think the Deus is good in areas with lots of crap but I wonder if the CTX goes deeper. At some point I'll take out both and record the results with a Gopro.

Heatho I do use Ferrous/Coin sometimes, but the response time or reactivity of the XP Deus is so much faster its incredible. At the moment I'm moving the reactivity up or down on the Deus depending on the amount of junk in the ground. Having said all that the Deus is a real guessing game on target ID compared to the CTX, especially when you get a good idea of target size when pinpointing with the CTX, and depth with the Deus is not well indicated. In short I'd love a light weight CTX that had the possibility of cranking the reactivity up alot.

thanks Goldpick - I had a quick google this morning and all I know is it's something like 90% silver, which explains the way it boomed through the headphones.

ok chookies, went back to my favourite army camp last night after trying a new spot which didn't work out.
Not a lot of coins but when I found the patch it was there, pretty much everything including the 3 florins was in an area of no bigger than 30 x 30 meters approximately.
The 1943 should be 925 so I'm thinking of finding someone to make a ring for me out of it, been hoping to find one of these for a while as Silver (hi there) knows.

Am getting the hang of the Deus :cool:
1441837373_9_sept_15_cpa.jpg

1441837389_9_sept_15_cpe.jpg

Great going Robert,....nice to see you got into the older coins too,...can't wait to see the coin ring when you get it done,.... Three florins(awesome score) we might see more of that real soon by the looks of things.
Cheers
Silver. :D

Hi Chookies,

hit favourite ex army camp again last night because apparently the rain only makes detecting more exciting?
Lots of junk, a few empty 303 shell casings I haven't shown because they're mixed in with the junk.
1442282573_14_sept_15_cpall_finds.jpg

The bow bellow has a broken pin on the back - it was found within a meter of a few coins, empty 303 casing and the Red Cross button.
1442282642_14_sept_15_cpbow.jpg

Red Cross button/badge, thought it was an Australian Military Forces button when I found it. First one of these for me.
Composite of brass & steel by the looks of the corrosion. Anyone found one these in better condition?
1442282887_14_sept_15_cpaustredcrosssociety.jpg

Finally in a completely different spot which has given me a few very old pennies - religious medallion probably made of aluminium by the looks of the corrosion.
I particularly like zombie photo bombing the dude on the left.
1442282980_14_sept_15_cp_medallion.jpg

** Also I am travelling up to a medieval festival in St Ives this weekend coming. I may be able to hang around for the Monday or Tuesday.
Any Sydney based dirt hunters want to catch up for a dig while I'm there? I don't know Sydney well but I have a detector and I'm keen :)

Best regards

Robert

Latest posts