Wooden Dry washer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nightjar said:
Morning Outback,
Not sure what you mean, your comments seem to contradict one another?
There is no extra effort to collect fine gold, it is a part of the process if your machine is processing and set up correctly.
The feed needs to be super dry and rotated/separated continuously as it moves down the riffle box.
This is why I emphasised the "puffing" air movement.
With a continuous steady flow of air the fines WILL move down the screen but are not being adgitated to separate the fine gold.

Also don't forget the "rinse aid" when sluicing/panning the fines.
One area I went too with the dryblower, in two weeks I managed to bring home 5 1/2ozs of VERY fine gold, none of it was bigger than a pin head.

Cheers
Peter

Hi Peter ,
Yes my question was poorly worded but you did answer what I wanted to know ! that is no extra effort required to collect the finer gold .

Well done on scoring 5 & a half ounces of fine stuff ' that is impressive :) over $8000 for 2 weeks , imagine if you could keep that up for a year ! would be around 190 grand :p

Hi Goldigg
Be a bit careful in getting your material to fine running through as I found that it will blow away your fine gold.
Glad to see you found something to adapt for a pipe,as I said there is a lot you can find in the hardware store.
Not to worry about the rain it is dry under the top inch.

Regards The digger

Great build golddigg, do you have the dimentions of the boxes and frame for those of us aspiring dryblower builders?

Also did you still keep the muslin material as your base mat?

Hey mate ill draw some plans up shortly for members. The muslin got the ass mate I use a blue tight weave synthetic cloth now works much better.

What would you say is its processing amount per hour in kg's of dirt, say if it was constantly fed?

Thanks mate,

thats a hard answer mate it really depends on your material and the size of the rocks. you can easily move as much as you can dig :) if ts really fine material you need to slow things down a bit so you dont choke the riffles just like a sluice/

I never aim to put through large amounts,I look for where material tends to carry a bit of gold,that I feel is the best way to work a blower.

The Digger

I bet if you find some good gold bearing material you put some volume through then :)
_1361198876.gif

Most of the material ive been working around creswick averages about .5 grams per hour the first two weeks i kept getting .79 each day for an hour dig but that was mostly throwing large rocks at the drywasher and picking up chunky bits the puddlers missed.

Well I'm impressed, a great build, and the step by step you have done here is extremely helpful GD, I could visualise a few spots where this would really come into its own. With the new cloth what's the dImensions of the gold (smallest size) you would find? ever run the tailings for fine gold losses? Very interesting stuff mate, thanks for doing this.

hey goldigg what diameter hose are use using now ?? and how deep is your lower box ?? regards

3 inch mate, the box is about 12 cm deep, can be much shallower but needs clearance for the counterbalance fan.

Latest posts