wish me luck on my first fossicking adventure

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Thanks... I
will surely get the whip out on my hubby to dig furiously and the asprins will be on hand lol
WalnLiz said:
Best of luck out there Debra and don't forget to throw a pack of Asprin into that Bum Bag. You don't want hubby to stop digging with a lame excuse like a head ache...and don't forget to crack the whip. The more dirt you move the more gold and gems you get.

Cheers wal. :)

Thanks Iwill only be going for the day but I have taken note of all the advice and I may need a bigger backpack for wxtra stuff
TenOunce Tone said:
Well all seems in order, good luck on your hunt for the precious metal and gems, you look like your ready for a month long expedition!

Thanks ...I,m off to the shops for the pick, cant forget anything
headbut17 said:
Good luck Debra , but I would probably swap the hammer for a pick , Cheers Paul

Thanks........I am hoping to go this weekend depending on the weather, if not then it will be in two weeks time as we have a liong weekend.
Ag Man said:
Good luck Deb & hubby.
Was it today you were going or an other day?

Looking forward to your report

Thanks and good tip, I didnt know that and wouldnt want all my precious gold floating away...Cheers Debra
aushunter said:
Good luck on the hunt and photos of the trip, don't forget.
One thing I was taught was with a new metal pan, burn it. What I mean about that is make a fie and wait until the coals form and put your metal pan on the coals upside down.
Why? When they make the new pans they usually have a coating of fine oil on the pan, so to stop the gold getting coated with oil and floating away, burn it off in the coals.
Cheers
Brad....

Thanks I see that I have a lot to learn , I guess I just need to get out there and practice. I had to think trwice about the snuffer bottle....lol Cheers Debra
TenOunce Tone said:
I am not seeing any snuffer bottle or vials for your gold and other lovelies, agree with Headbut17 Grab a rock pick/hammer, I found one for $19 at the local camping store.. make it easier to dig out the hard to dig places.. You could also throw in a paint brush or a small dust pan and brush for the loose dry dirt at the bottom of the crevices/holes..

Thanks...my metal detector is only a cheap one and its yet to prove itself, but I can always dream like all you guys here of finding the mother load so I can buy a good one....Cheers Debra
Ditherer and Son said:
Looks like a good kit to get you going, my only suggestion would be a $2 plastic hand trowel/scoop for working with the detector, the metal one might set the detector off....if it doesn't, take the detector back to the shop.

Thanks...good tip for the pan and I will wash out a few jam jars for the treasures...wishful thinking...lol...Cheers Debra
Pauly said:
Good luck with it, its always exciting. My tip would be to toss a few hands full of gravel into you pan and rough it up a bit not to scratch it up but just to knock the shinny edge of it. As said above you need a container for your treasures.

my first fossicking trip has been postponed ......if only we didnt need the money my hubby wouldn,t have to work on weekends....such is life lol.....I hope to go digging soon

May be a blessing in disguise Debra, ;) now will have more time to do a bit more research on the forum, and that may help you reap bigger rewards when you get under way.....Best of luck and keep that enthusiasm level at fever pitch. :)

Cheers Wal.

hi my wife and i love your vid can i get the spes for your high banker it is grate love to make one e are new at this any help will be grate my wife is asain from thailand we live at lennox head nsw if you are up this way can you drop in

Latest posts