My first trip to the Vic GT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heading out to Wedderburn from Adelaide tomorrow for 3 days.
Hopefully I can find my first bit of colour with a bit of luck. I wont be holding my breath though.
The weather is looking really crap :(
I have booked in with Gold Finger Historic Tours on Friday for a tutorial in the Whipsticks.
I'm treating this as more of an exploration tour so I can be better prepared for the next time I head over. Total novice so my expectations are not very high.
Pretty excited though.
Feel free to PM me your GPS locations of your hot spots in Wedderburn 🤣

Alright, so you cant take soil either way across the border. Fair enough. "Garden Tools" should also be clean. If I was to be checked, how clean do they expect my pick and scoop to be?
I had planned to take a bucket of soil back to pan. Oh well, the best laid plans of mice and men.

We have booked into a cabin.
I was thinking I need to get organised to go in a tent in the future. I then came across Dunolly caravan park who have onsite vans for $60 a night. Half way between a cabin or tent site without packing a lot of gear and setting up a tent. Thats appealing.
Bring warm gear. Very wet weekend. Heavy rain here in Bendigo atm. Good luck

I don't know how, but I lost my first bit of gold. It was in my vial, then it wasn't.
Absolutely devastated!!!!!
I lost a nice little 1.2 gm piece down a drain as I was washing it at a Station I was camping at, it would have been that hard to try and retrieve it that I left it there and accepted the lesson.😂

Latest posts