Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy

I was given the name Trash by my old boss

From 2009 til about 2016 spent most of that time travelling around oz living in a caravan

So I was known as Trailer Trash

Trash is easier & a bit of a pun in regards to Detecting rubbish ( Trash ) 8)

P is for perfection, it's what you seek.

E is for elegant, born within you.

E is for encouraging, thanks for the motivation!

V is for versatile, your changeable nature.

E is for electric, a sparkling trait!

N is for nifty, how neat!

:Y: :rainbow:
madtuna said:
My last name is Fisher.

Growing up I got called everything to do with fish....mullet guts, fish guts, flat head, fish face, tuna etc..
Thankfully Tuna stuck and not some of the others.

Madtuna came after a few avoidable stints in hospital but most people just call me tuna.

Incidentally I had three brothers, Tony, Mark and Shane, my name was Stephen.
We were called Tony the Pony, Mark the Shark, Shane the Pain and Stephen the Peeven.
WHAT THE F@$K IS A PEEVEN???

Secret Squirrels said:
P is for perfection, it's what you seek.

E is for elegant, born within you.

E is for encouraging, thanks for the motivation!

V is for versatile, your changeable nature.

E is for electric, a sparkling trait!

N is for nifty, how neat!

:Y: :rainbow:
madtuna said:
My last name is Fisher.

Growing up I got called everything to do with fish....mullet guts, fish guts, flat head, fish face, tuna etc..
Thankfully Tuna stuck and not some of the others.

Madtuna came after a few avoidable stints in hospital but most people just call me tuna.

Incidentally I had three brothers, Tony, Mark and Shane, my name was Stephen.
We were called Tony the Pony, Mark the Shark, Shane the Pain and Stephen the Peeven.
WHAT THE F@$K IS A PEEVEN???

I woulda went with Stephen the heathen :p

My user name is an old cricket nickname.

I used to play cricket at Moore park, and had one rise off a length and hit me on the head. In those days I used to bat without a helmet, even though I was opening, because the artificial grass was pretty predictable, but not on that occasion.

The boys told me that they thought I was alright, as while the ball went high into the air after hitting my head, I just stood there for a while. But then I fell flat on my face without putting my hands out to break the fall, having blacked out for a few seconds, and was pretty woozy for a while. Should have gone to hospital to be checked, but did not.

For the rest of the season I was stuffed if the ball was on a similar line or length, and put together the highest number of ducks in a season in the 70 year history of the club. They were good with nicknames, and that's how I got the nickname Dr Duck, a combination of my year of ducks with my academic title.

Prior to that I had the nickname "the wall of flesh", because I always got behind the ball and did not mind being hit! There were always lots of flashy players, and my job in those days was to open the batting and hold up an end. I carried my bat through the innings a couple of times.

Luckily I came good the season after that, but always wore a helmet, a couple of which had to be retired due to being cracked by bouncers. After I moved to Goulburn, I played second grade for a number of years, and even got a few runs in first grade, playing at Bradman oval twice. But it is safe to say I was not a genuine first grader!

Cricket can be a dangerous sport, and I have seen plenty of blokes hit while batting or fielding close in over the years.

After the infamous Inner Circle OP rum incident at Tuena, I thought of changing my user name to Wobbly Boot, but that's another story.

Hotrob said:
Fnx50 wrote:-
50 represents two things: Year of birth and I am ex-copper.
What does 50 have to do with being an ex copper mate?
Rob.

Maybe its a reference to five - oh like Hawaii 5-0

Kind of funny , when I worked in pubs and clubs as a young bloke we used to get undercover cops coming in to mingle with the gangsters.

You could always tell who the cops were because they would wear floral Hawaiian shirts the same as the cops on the TV series because they just knew it made them invisible.

This was in a town where nobody wore Hawaiian shirts except cops who watched too much TV.

Well i can't say much LW, and who really knows, you may well be involved in the same line of work, hence the perceptive comment ;) So way back in the early day's i was working across australia as a woolclasser, and i'd been working with this particular shearer for quite a number of seasons. Well, one weekend it happened that only myself and this shearer were the only members of the team hutting it, the rest hsd headed off to various towns and cities for the weekend. At some point over the weekend, during one of our many conversations this shearer told me about the extra curricular work he had been doing without anyones knowledge over the years. He noted that my position as a woolclasser provided me the opportunities to seamlessly mix with people of a higher social standing (like the McBrides & McLachlans etc) than his title did, and that it would be most beneficial to the country and the company if i was to come on board. Needless to say, i accepted the offer and worked for the company as an agent for the next 15 years. SS was my codename. :eek:
LoneWolf said:
Wishfull said:
I'm wating for Secret Squirels to tell us why he's using that avitar name ?

More than likely He won't be able to tell ya.... :lol:

LW....

Secret Squirrels said:
Well i can't say much LW, and who really knows, you may well be involved in the same line of work, hence the perceptive comment ;) So way back in the early day's i was working across australia as a woolclasser, and i'd been working with this particular shearer for quite a number of seasons. Well, one weekend it happened that only myself and this shearer were the only members of the team hutting it, the rest hsd headed off to various towns and cities for the weekend. At some point over the weekend, during one of our many conversations this shearer told me about the extra curricular work he had been doing without anyones knowledge over the years. He noted that my position as a woolclasser provided me the opportunities to seamlessly mix with people of a higher social standing (like the McBrides & McLachlans etc) than his title did, and that it would be most beneficial to the country and the company if i was to come on board. Needless to say, i accepted the offer and worked for the company as an agent for the next 15 years. SS was my codename. :eek:
LoneWolf said:
Wishfull said:

LW....

So do you get free tickets to the AFL Grand Final :Y:

Secret Squirrels said:
LoneWolf said:
Wishfull said:

LW....

What kind of wool did you have to spy on ?

Was it dangerous work ?

I was entering Maitland Courthouse and as I opened the door I spotted a bloke in prison green heading towards me at a great rate. I closed the swinging door and took hold of the handles and braced myself. He hit the door to push it open to no avail, and then tried to pull it back - no luck. By then the Corrective Services officers were on top of him, the Police Prosecutor came through a second door, asking where he was. I just said he didn't get past me ( I was a fair lump of a bloke). After that I got the occasional nickname Blocker. When I needed a 'sign on' name I thought of this one.

I was/am a fan of DJ Tiesto and I did a heap of online gaming years back. My character was always Tiezto because the first time i used it Tiesto was already taken so I added a "z" instead.

Its pronounced Tee-ez-toe.

I did have a ton of nicknames growing up as I am 6ft6 and thin. Stretch, lurch, lanky, sticks (loved that one as i am a Carlton FC fan), and many others. Oh and the boys as cricket called me Victor as i supposedly always cut their grass when we were out on the town lol

Latest posts