Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think I might get a SPP to pack down into a pelican case & leave in the boot there just too cheep. I love the S shaft put one of those 2 pcs lower shaft the 'GMT has' and it will pack down tiny.
Tax times coming up I won't even miss the money!

Zuke_Lynzy said:
"I believe Fisher/Teknetics are on the right track with where they are heading with the next batch of detectors".

Well interesting enough whites electronics engineer Carl M has just left whites to work for Fisher/Teknetics so there could be some interesting projects being built and released towards the end of the year maybe a new Gold bug that's Pulse Induction' yeah imagine that!

Don't forget Dave Johnson as well who has developed
A few different machines.

It may take a year until we see some new machines
Influenced by this new appointment.

Whats to come now are several new models one of
Those is the F19.

http://www.fisherlab.com/Hobby/fisher-f19-metal-detector.htm

Other new models may include a digital version of there
cz platform which not many know are multi frequency.
If a digital Cz3d becomes available that would be a
hot seller.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Well interesting enough whites electronics engineer Carl M has just left whites to work for Fisher/Teknetics

Got a source?

A Dave Johnson/Carl Moreland combo team will blow the competition out of the water. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

BTW the Fe3O4 should be read in conjunction with the phase meter Wolf.

I just got reply from Goldsearch that they would swap SPP's 12" coil for 7.5" coil, but they are out of stock of 7.5" coil covers. Does not White's coils come with coil cover fitted, like Minelab, or do you have to buy cover separately?
Karl

It's a separate item can be used without as I do with the 4x6 coil on the GMT because I'm depth hungry gives me maybe 1/4" more depth without' as they never fit real tight.

KarlS said:
I just got reply from Goldsearch that they would swap SPP's 12" coil for 7.5" coil, but they are out of stock of 7.5" coil covers. Does not White's coils come with coil cover fitted, like Minelab, or do you have to buy cover separately?
Karl
If your buying a new machine ask Goldsearch they may throw the coil cover in. Pretty cheap insurance anyway @ $18 vs. wearing through your coil @ $265 to replace.

They are out of stock. But I will get one when it arrives. I can see it on my X-terra how the cover is worn out. Although that one is used almost every day. Funny enough, my Tandy detector that must be over 20 years old did not wear coil through.
Karl

Most US detector manufacturers don't include coil covers with their detectors, it's the age old fear that coil covers reduce the sensitivity of the detector, plus I'm sure a few $$ to be made out of it. :rolleyes:

They won't reduce sensitivity - picked up bits with my GMT that were that small it was electronic panning not detecting. They will allow you to "scrub" right down on the ground, into crevices etc. though. Just get some of the proper coil tape to help stop water etc. getting in. Whatever depth you may loose, which is bugger all, you make up with getting the coil lower anyways without scratching/wearing it.
Have used covers on all my detectors & picked up way more sub grammers than anything so sensitivity isn't an issue.

Well, I ordered SPP today. Should have it next week. I just hope it will live up to the praise I have read about it. Both X-terra's paid for themselfs in the coins, bit of gold and silver, few months ago. It will be harder with this one, it is not city parks machine. I will have to try to get out to the bush more often.
Karl

The SPP will hold its own in parks & city detecting just dig LOW tones and there's Also talk you can reduce the ground balance to discriminate junk just like the Tdi. Will be interesting to hear how it goes.
Me not running coil covers on the GMT with 4x6 shooter coil isn't about sensitivity its got more to do with depth I still scrub the coil, iv got a coil cover for it I just don't use it. Iv just checked thickness with & without it using a vice and vernier's, it gives me 3.5mm less depth with it on yes I'm wearing the bottom of the coil out but there only $160 new and iv found a lot more than tripple that in fly $#it. Ok 3.5mm sounds a bit petty I know but 0.02 & 0.01 nuggets 3.5mm deeper most cases you won't hear. The 4x6 shooter is the only coil I don't use covers on because you only use it if things are desperate.

I have just read Ivanll post on another forum and he say that SPP comes with second coil SuperPulse 150mm, but only if you ask for it. I will give them ring tomorrow to see if I can get it.
Karl

Late in on this thread. Has anyone found any gold with the SPP?

I've used a TDI S/L in the past. Here's a quick summary:
The good -
1. Threshold more stable compared to TDI
2. Awesome you can use any Minelab PI compatible coil
3. Seems rugged
4. Ran very smooth with 11" Commander

The not so good -
1. 12" stock coil was a let down - should come with the small mono as stock
2. Signal response is quite broad, and not as much tone change as Minelabs
3. Setting the threshold was very touchy
4. Pet hate of mine - no tone control
5. Should have a g2/f75/X-Terra style shaft where the coil cable can run up against it right to the control box.
6. At the end of the day though, depth/sensitivity was lacking

hi all,

A question for SPP users, does the signal response sound different on gold as opposed to hot rocks?

Thanks in anticipation :)

Jim & Kerrie

Can't comment on the SPP but might buy one in the next few weeks as it would make the best detector to pack into a case in the boot 'easy turn on and go without that harness and 2kg battery.
I do have a TDI pro and using the TDI pro in All is how the SPP Runs' it gives very distinct low & high tones' it does not need a tone control & the threshold works every bit as good as the minelab.
One thing you will notice is a loss of depth out in the field but not close to town or around EMI interference.
If someone offered me a SD2100/2200 for the price of the SPP I'd get the SPP.
Jim, the TDI running in all' hot rocks and hot clay pockets signals don't seem as pronounced as the SD or GP but they wouldn't because the minelabs have higher sensitivity, with the TDI you can use low conductor and make hot rocks and clay pockets nearly disappear. You cannot do this on the SPP.

PhaseTech said:
Late in on this thread. Has anyone found any gold with the SPP?

I've used a TDI S/L in the past. Here's a quick summary:
The good -
1. Threshold more stable compared to TDI
2. Awesome you can use any Minelab PI compatible coil
3. Seems rugged
4. Ran very smooth with 11" Commander

The not so good -
1. 12" stock coil was a let down - should come with the small mono as stock
2. Signal response is quite broad, and not as much tone change as Minelabs
3. Setting the threshold was very touchy
4. Pet hate of mine - no tone control
5. Should have a g2/f75/X-Terra style shaft where the coil cable can run up against it right to the control box.
6. At the end of the day though, depth/sensitivity was lacking

I solved the coil problem by sticking on a 8x6 NF.

you're right on about sensitivity and depth.. overall the SSP is the better deal for its price..

SPP arrived this morning with 7.5" mono Aussie Coil. It looks OK,very light but bit flimsy. It took while to charge the battery pack. Quick air test using NiZn batteries in place of alkaline non rechargable. Default settings, ground balance off. $2 coin 25 cm, 9 carat small earing 1.35 grams 12 cm, 9 carat earning backing 0.13 grams 3.5 cm. With supplied NiCad battery pack about 2 to 3 cm less. Tested with earphones.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to take it to local park and try it in tod lot where X-terra did not found anything few days ago.
Karl

Latest posts