Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SPP hey 8), I might seriously look into getting one of these :D

Who's selling them in AUS?

Goldsearch in dunolly are the Aussie dealers for whites nice bunch to! I agree with downhalo as a lot of simplified machines are just that. What I want to know can one add a conductivity switch? Iv got a tdi to copy from?

You can do a lot if you understand how the circuits work, wish I knew more..

Might have to abuse the credit card and get one... Dare I...

The gist behind my post was to show it wasn't simply a rebadged SL, which it isn't, it does have operational differences. I wasn't implying that it was a new detector developed from scratch, as that would surely command much higher pricing. Same goes for the Sierra Ground Trac, a simplified GMT, but still a different detector. :)

Oh no question they've done some work, and no doubt its a better detector for it, pulse delay, I never noticed much of a difference not matter the setting while i had the TDI SL, and honestly it never got touched.. I guess the good folks at whites came to the same conclusion..

Variable frequency is about the best feature, other than gain, basically If these things had 80% of the power the GPX machines have, they would be on backorder from now until the end of time.

Outback said:
Seeing the GPX 5000 costs over $5000 more then a SPP I wonder how much more gold will it get for the extra 5 grand ?

Like to know the performance specifications on both ' for mineralised ground with the ML using the same sized coil & fixed setting :/

$5000 these days is a lot of savings !

Hey Outback, as a previous owner of a Whites TDI Pro, I can honestly say I wouldn't have brought any gold home from Tibooburra if I was still using it. I know the sub grain stuff is a PITA but it all adds up... I'd say maybe 2 or 3 nuggets that I've found would have been detected by a TDI and 1 of those would have been for certain, as well as all the common gold targeting VLF's too.

That said, I still have a soft spot for the Whites product, I liked the way it worked and sounded. I like what Carl Moreland is doing for the detecting community with Geotech.

Has anyone with a SPP also got a 6 or 8" coil? Be interested to know if it will detect a 0.05g piece on surface of hot ground - I suspect no but there may have been some code fiddling done in this model...

Have a look at this video I made for a mate who was looking at buying a VLF detector for gold. I show the target response of both a Tek T2 and the TDI Pro on a number of hotrocks and a .2g nugget. TDI begins at 1:05.
[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/kwTKkgOizg8[/video]

Big thing to note from the video is I am on my back porch - and listen how smooth the threshold is - a GPX with a mono in the same location will not detect that nugget. Nowhere in my yard could a GPX and mono detect that nugget. Hence, I know some spots where a TDI or SPP would shine.

This is the exact same machine/coil combo (literally) that Liz used in this post - https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6764

Ben78 said:
Have a look at this video I made for a mate who was looking at buying a VLF detector for gold. I show the target response of both a Tek T2 and the TDI Pro on a number of hotrocks and a .2g nugget. TDI begins at 1:05.
[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/kwTKkgOizg8[/video]

Big thing to note from the video is I am on my back porch - and listen how smooth the threshold is - a GPX with a mono in the same location will not detect that nugget. Nowhere in my yard could a GPX and mono detect that nugget. Hence, I know some spots where a TDI or SPP would shine.

This is the exact same machine/coil combo (literally) that Liz used in this post - https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6764

Hi Ben. Nice video.

Just a question. Does the T2 have a Fe304 meter identical to the G2?

If it does what readout are you getting on the Fe304 meter when your going over hotrocks?

Does the Fe304 meter spike?

I own a G2 but don't own and have not used a T2.

Thanks

Wolf, yes has the meter, yes it spikes and can go to full 5 bars. T2 doesn't have a ground phase meter though which I find more useful than the Fe3O4 meter.

Ben78 said:
Wolf, yes has the meter, yes it spikes and can go to full 5 bars. T2 doesn't have a ground phase meter though which I find more useful than the Fe3O4 meter.

Thanks Ben for replying back. Was out with the G2 this week and I figured out how the G2 can become a super nugget shooter.

The answer is simple.

The question remains though if there is a patent over my discovery and possible solution. Maybe this is already in the works.

The good news is that a machine like the G2 knows when a hot rock is under the coil because the meter spikes.

Do we need to hear the audio? The answer is a Fe304 volume control where you can turn down the Audio for the Fe304.

I have contacted Fisher/Teknetics already about this and waiting to hear back on their thoughts.

If the next G2 has a Fe304 volume control and an iron volume control added then the next model could be a very special detector.
The iron unmasking ability the G2 offers in my opinion is fast and superb.

Adding iron volume and Fe304 volume would make it better.

Adding a 3 way KHZ switch would be awesome as well with an option of 7, 14 and 20KHZ.
Adding automatic ground balancing with a manual option for the shallow Small stuff would be amazing.

I believe Fisher/Teknetics are on the right track with where they are heading with the next batch of detectors.

turps123 said:
Hi all,
Just purchased the new Whites SPP detector from the supplier in Donolly :) . The detector sets up easy, ground balances well, and is light to use. So far I have only found old rust and wire :( , but the detector seems to pick up targets well. Will post more about the detector when it's had some use.

Regards

Jeff

I shouldn't read this. I had my mind made up to get Minelab F1A4, I even bid on one. Now I'm not so sure. What changed my mind is light weight of SPP, usage of AA batteries and warranty. I'm not exactly spring chicken and every pound of detector weight makes lot of difference to me. I already got and use AA batteries for Xterra. It seems that performance could be similar to F1A4.
Now the bad. It cost twice as much and it comes with 12" coil that is fairly useless to me. Did anyone got 7.5" coil did some testing with It?
Karl

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Karl 'All the detectors iv got from whites iv swapped out the std coil for the one I wanted I'm sure they would let you pick the coil you wanted.
An interesting read http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/213-whites-sierra-pulse-pro-whites-spp/
That's from Steve's forum (one of our newest members) interesting what Reg (pulse scan master) said on the second page.

Yeah, that 6" closed coil would be perfect. That's what I'm using on Exterra 705. It's not that large coils are no good, they just no good in places I detect. I also read that this detector can operate up to 18 Volts. 9.6v with rechargable NiCad is way below this. If I get one I will use NiZn rechargable that are 1.6V when fully charged. I have been using it with XTERRA and they work well. Although they last bit shorter time before you have to recharge.
I will research this detector bit more, but so far I see quite few advantages in SPP over F1A4.
Karl

Wolfau said:
Ben78 said:

Thanks Ben for replying back. Was out with the G2 this week and I figured out how the G2 can become a super nugget shooter.

The answer is simple.

The question remains though if there is a patent over my discovery and possible solution. Maybe this is already in the works.

The good news is that a machine like the G2 knows when a hot rock is under the coil because the meter spikes.

Do we need to hear the audio? The answer is a Fe304 volume control where you can turn down the Audio for the Fe304.

I have contacted Fisher/Teknetics already about this and waiting to hear back on their thoughts.

If the next G2 has a Fe304 volume control and an iron volume control added then the next model could be a very special detector.
The iron unmasking ability the G2 offers in my opinion is fast and superb.

Adding iron volume and Fe304 volume would make it better.

Adding a 3 way KHZ switch would be awesome as well with an option of 7, 14 and 20KHZ.
Adding automatic ground balancing with a manual option for the shallow Small stuff would be amazing.

I believe Fisher/Teknetics are on the right track with where they are heading with the next batch of detectors.

You know you won't get a cent out of them when they bring in your ideas under another name?
You've done the hard work for them.

"I believe Fisher/Teknetics are on the right track with where they are heading with the next batch of detectors".

Well interesting enough whites electronics engineer Carl M has just left whites to work for Fisher/Teknetics so there could be some interesting projects being built and released towards the end of the year maybe a new Gold bug that's Pulse Induction' yeah imagine that!

Damn you Zuke! Just as I think I've found the right one you have to say that! :/
Decisions decisions.........betamax or vhs? Lol

Yeah I know' dam detectors choices it would be a while before any such machine may hit the production line and my guess whites already have something in the mix as well late or early next year as there has been a patient on a new machine for a while. I think a SPP would be a good option, safe and small outlay, I'm very happy with the TDI pro. Have I asked where you live Paul?

Hi Zuke.
Sounds like a battle is about to breakout in the mid price range.

I'm in S.A. and spend a lot of time in the Flinders Ranges, so would love to see how thge SPP would go in that terrain, hot ground. No actual results have been produced reflecting what Gold search have found, the last I heard was they were trialling the SPP in all Australian soil types, big task if you ask me.

Cheers,
Paul

After seeing what the TDI can do in a few local hot areas I don't think the SPP will have any trouble . Not having the pulse delay is not a problem and the conductivity switch realy only cancels out one or the other so you still have high & low tones, you will not beat the SPP for the price other than a GMT but after having a GMT for about 3 years now I wouldn't suggest it as a all rounder it's just for small gold and there is a lot more things to spend your time on and fly $#it ain't it for me.

Latest posts