Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dirtdiggin said:
So just wondering if any guys on here are finding any gold with the SPP very interested as have been debating now for awhile in buying this machine. Cheers

I have the SL version and its a beast, It fits in somewhere in between The SDC and The GPX 5000, If you use it on the Beach with the Ground Balance Off it is one of the Deepest Machines around AND Yes it will find the Gold if the Coil Is Over It and if you use it for finding Large objects it Goes Extremely Deep,

Depth wise it goes about 85 to 90% of the Depth of what the GPX 5000 goes, But where the TDI SL shines is being able to set it to the Items you want to find, It will Find things MANY FEET DEEP, and the bigger the item The Less the Difference between it and the 5K is, At a 5th of the Price,

Yes it will Find the Gold with ease and there are over 100 coils that will fit it, so no shortage there. Grab one and give it A work out, But Like the Minelab owners they don't find gold all the time and when they do it is because of Their Skills, most of em could find Gold with a Forked stick, They only take the Minelabs along so they got someone to talk to,

John

Ridge Runner said:
dirtdiggin said:
So just wondering if any guys on here are finding any gold with the SPP very interested as have been debating now for awhile in buying this machine. Cheers

I have the SL version and its a beast, It fits in somewhere in between The SDC and The GPX 5000, If you use it on the Beach with the Ground Balance Off it is one of the Deepest Machines around AND Yes it will find the Gold if the Coil Is Over It and if you use it for finding Large objects it Goes Extremely Deep,
Depth wise it goes about 85 to 90% of the Depth of what the GPX 5000 goes, But where the TDI SL shines is being able to set it to the Items you want to find, It will Find things MANY FEET DEEP, and the bigger the item The Less the Difference between it and the 5K is, At a 5th of the Price,
Yes it will Find the Gold with ease and there are over 100 coils that will fit it, so no shortage there. Grab one and give it A work out, But Like the Minelab owners they don't find gold all the time and when they do it is because of Their Skills, most of em could find Gold with a Forked stick, They only take the Minelabs along so they got someone to talk to,
John

But only the SPP is readily available in Australia, not the SL.

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:
dirtdiggin said:

John

But only the SPP is readily available in Australia, not the SL.

Well It is the same machine just without the Con switch and the Delay control,

Here's a thought?? Do what I did and put a Polite Complaint to Whites On their Forum, But Be Nice and they will try and make sure you get the SL In OZ, I had to do the same Thing in order to be able to buy the Pro over here because Only The SL was Imported here,

http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/213-whites-sierra-pulse-pro-whites-spp/

You can order the TDI SL from Goldsearch:
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/our-products/whites-detectors/tdsl.html

I would be cautious about coils for the SPP also as it is stuck on a pulse delay of 10uS. On the TDI's you can adjust/raise it to suit different coils as not all will work optimally at 10uS.
Definitely try before buying or get a trusted opinion from someone using one in similar conditions that you would be.

SunriseBoy said:
How does the SPP perform in parks and on the beach?
It will work but if that's what you are going to be doing mostly (parks/beaches), then a coin/relic discriminating VLF all rounder would be a much better option in my opinion.

The TDI SL will go Extremely Deep On the Beach, I have pulled a few Coins from 16 to 18 inches on a regular bases and a 4 inch Aluminium Foil Pie Tray at 3 feet, That's when It's Beer O clock. and on Bigger Items it will Go A lot Deeper than That.

Yes, I remember digging up a ring-pull on Palm Cove beach at nearly two feet with Garrett AT Pro (highly recommended to avoid purchasing one of these. Grief was the main quality of that baby).

Yes, Beer oclock!

mbasko said:
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/213-whites-sierra-pulse-pro-whites-spp/

You can order the TDI SL from Goldsearch:
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/index.php/our-products/whites-detectors/tdsl.html

I would be cautious about coils for the SPP also as it is stuck on a pulse delay of 10uS. On the TDI's you can adjust/raise it to suit different coils as not all will work optimally at 10uS.
Definitely try before buying or get a trusted opinion from someone using one in similar conditions that you would be.

Some coils made for Minelab range of detectors don't work very good on SPP. And some Minelab DD coils don't work at all with SPP.
You better stick with White's or Miner John coils.
Karl

Mmm ok that's tricky then is there any way to know for sure what coil is made or will work as it should do for it?? As I'd like a bigger one and a smaller one for fine gold. Thanks everyone for your help. Cheers

dirtdiggin said:
Mmm ok that's tricky then is there any way to know for sure what coil is made or will work as it should do for it?? As I'd like a bigger one and a smaller one for fine gold. Thanks everyone for your help. Cheers

That's Easy Mate, Miner John/Razorback makes a 14" Round Mono and his 6X10 Folded Mono will cover most of what you need and their 8X12 should have you sorted,

John

11" Commander mono works great on the TDI s/l, not sure about SPP though.

I'm selling some cheap mono coils in the sponsor trades section. Any SPP owners are welcome to try before they buy. PM me to arrange if you're interested.

Cheers

The Miner John 9x5 folded mono is meant to be a cracker on the small gold too, I very recently bought a TDI SL (essentially same as SPP) and have the Miner John 5x9 folded mono and the 11x7 mono, I've only been out 3 times so far and both coils have performed well in heavy mineralized ground, plenty of lead, .22 casings, air rifle pellets and old miners buttons at depth up to 6-8", no gold yet but it's only a matter of time before I get my coil over a piece, if the gold is there then the SPP/Miner John/Razorback will find it no worries.

Cheers prospector pete nothing better then first hand info and can I ask what if any difference there is between the SPP and the TDI SL? As I'd read that the SPP was just a left over and repackaged African model that didn't sell as well as they thought it would not sure how true that is?.

The SPP and the SL are basically the same and use the same motherboard. The SPP is programmed for 10usec and can't be changed without reprogramming by the factory. The Conductivity switch is missing on the SPP but can be added. So, outside of the fact the SPP has a fixed delay and no conductivity switch, the SL and the SPP are the same.

Reg

Latest posts