Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, If the Nuggets are flat then the 12" DF Coil will Signal a Piece that weighs 0.06 Dwt or 0.16Gn, or 0.10 Gm or 0.004 Ozt

hope this helps

John

Do another test with the AA battery pack and good AA batterys... Our oz 12" coil is a STD mono not a Duel field but I have used a duel field and the testing sounds pretty close for an origional Machine' have you have the Hiccup fix John? I realise you don't need it outside of Australia but it does help on small gold...

My SL is Dated 2012?? Umm It does not have the Hiccup issue, The Woo is just normal and ear piercing when set to Low and on High the closer the Item Gets to the Coil Sounds more like and Iron Grunt (Silver Shilling within 10" of the Coil)

But when you Set it To ALL,, Gain @ 8, GB @ 8 CON @ All,, You Get An Echo as the Threshold is Returning to Normal, So If the Item is LOW CON you Get Loud HI and as it passes you them Get a Lo Tone Sort Of Echo and if It is A High Conductive Item (Silver Shilling) The It Gives A Low Tone with A Higher Echo But I think that this Is The Threshold Returning to Normal, Which Tells me that Maybe Because the SPP Does not have the CON Switch that might be the Cause Because I can Not Make Mine Hiccup??

John

PS sorry I took my time I was trying to Find the video about the Hiccup.

John'
you will probably never experience the Hiccup unless in Australia the Hiccup Fix which "Reg" came up with was considered an upgrade to those experiencing the noise' but even here in Australia some operators won't have issues as they have different uses for the machine.
The Hiccup upgrades to the SPP and SL make the machine run more efficiently and a little more sensitive to small gold, used with higher voltage AA's over the STD recharge pack will just about match the STD TDI pro on small gold.

For the small outlay thay are very impressive machines and run extremely smooth in some cases smoother than the GPX.
Shame there not water proof....

Zuke_Lynzy said:
John'
you will probably never experience the Hiccup unless in Australia the Hiccup Fix which "Reg" came up with was considered an upgrade to those experiencing the noise' but even here in Australia some operators won't have issues as they have different uses for the machine.
The Hiccup upgrades to the SPP and SL make the machine run more efficiently and a little more sensitive to small gold, used with higher voltage AA's over the STD recharge pack will just about match the STD TDI pro on small gold.

For the small outlay thay are very impressive machines and run extremely smooth in some cases smoother than the GPX.
Shame there not water proof....

Well I am beginning to think that the Hiccup was only effecting the SPP Models as Mine just will not do it and It Might have been Conductivity Switch related or the Lack there Of, and this new MOD in the Board on the SPP has by passed that switch Circuit, Yes/No ??

Well Nugget did some Air Tests and My SL Matches his TDI Pro and on some of the Targets mine sees em further, Lord Knows Why, where as he got 20cm-22cm I am getting 25cm to 30cm and on a One Gram Test Piece he is getting 15 to17 cm I am getting 18cm. Its Crazy,
Here's the Link, https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7795

I just ground balance it on Red Fired Brick on a Wall and I can not make it do it, But I can not use out side because every thing has Rio in it and I think that I am picking up the steel in the subway Tunnels under here because in one area it wont shut up till the Coil is 6 feet off the ground.

John

Man, I'm getting so close to pulling the pin on one of these.... 0.03g!!!

Just note alot of time has gone into this TDI Pro but it can be done to any TDI pro at a very small cost' there's also new razorback coils being developed and tested all the time by Minerjohn making the machine perform even better!

Luke, I'm thinking SPP anyway. Is the TDI mods on the net anywhere? I was thinking a nice lightweight SPP for the rare times I do go chasing gold - bit less coin sitting in the cupboard than a TDI.

I recomend the SPP to everyone as you can't go wrong "learn how it works and put it over gold' unfortuanly there's not a lot of gold finds posted and I wish I could spend more time with the SPP but I feel that time is better spent with my TDI pro when I get time!!

I find a few bits with the TDI pro and the SPP is basically the same machine but a little less sensitive'
Tho in return less weight, less cost and a little less noise.

John,

Where are you located? Here in the US, we have another person posting as Ridge Runner. You can read his posts on the TDI and goldmaster forum.

As to your assumption for the hiccup, the "hiccup" is not related to the conductivity switch in any way outside of the fact the switch can mask the signal.

Now, the hiccup is directly related to the GB and noise reduction circuitry. Here in the US, there is one place where the ground is intense enough to cause similar problems. There, a modded SPP was tried and the operator clearly saw the advantage of the mods. Once the factory got around to trying the mods, they determined the same thing and that is why, as I was told, they implemented the mods into all future pc boards for the SL or SPP.

Reg

Reg said:
John,

Where are you located? Here in the US, we have another person posting as Ridge Runner. You can read his posts on the TDI and goldmaster forum.

As to your assumption for the hiccup, the "hiccup" is not related to the conductivity switch in any way outside of the fact the switch can mask the signal.

Now, the hiccup is directly related to the GB and noise reduction circuitry. Here in the US, there is one place where the ground is intense enough to cause similar problems. There, a modded SPP was tried and the operator clearly saw the advantage of the mods. Once the factory got around to trying the mods, they determined the same thing and that is why, as I was told, they implemented the mods into all future pc boards for the SL or SPP.

Reg

G'day Reg, I am from QLD Australia, but I am Staying in London at Present, Well I am going to see if I can make mine Hiccup,

But I spoke to Whites UK a Month Ago and they Told me they have NO SUCH Knowledge of any Issue's / Hiccups ETC, So I have little chance of Having this Mod done to My TDI SL Over here even though I Bought it Here,

Thanks Reg,,, John

So just wondering if any guys on here are finding any gold with the SPP very interested as have been debating now for awhile in buying this machine. Cheers

Latest posts