Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc,
Been out today with the SPP, got 4.5 hours out of my 8 fully charged eneloops before the low batt. light came on. The 1.2 volt nmih do the trick just as well as the original supplied battery pack. You should get a full day's swinging with the two packs.
Cheers Adrian.

My whites charger failed just recently and i wish i bought the eneloop now. I can buy them any where and charge the batteries very fast with their charger.

OzzieAu said:
Doc,
Been out today with the SPP, got 4.5 hours out of my 8 fully charged eneloops before the low batt. light came on. The 1.2 volt nmih do the trick just as well as the original supplied battery pack. You should get a full day's swinging with the two packs.
Cheers Adrian.

Good to hear mate.

But more importantly, did you find any gold?

Hi all i'm just wanting to know if anyone is or has anyone found gold with this detector?
as i don't see many on here talking about the white machines finding gold but by saying
that i'm guessing the ratio of people with M/L to Whites would be huge and this would have
something to do with that it seem's to be like the Ford and Holden rivalry.
Thanks for any help in advance

Dirt diggin'
I haven't found gold with my SPP but only due to lack of time spent with it' Iv found some nice pieces with my TDI PRO as I use that machine 95% of the time, the SPP In sorts is a upgraded TDi' that has the noise reduction circuitry and tho the SPP isn't quite as good on small gold the comparison Iv done between the two machines make the SPP look like the better choice.
The SPP does really need the conductivity switch to get the best out of it tho does work fine without.

I'm waiting for a picture of a friends nugget finds with his SPP so I can send it around' (he is a bit shy) hurry up man!

dirtdiggin said:
Hi all i'm just wanting to know if anyone is or has anyone found gold with this detector?
as i don't see many on here talking about the white machines finding gold but by saying
that i'm guessing the ratio of people with M/L to Whites would be huge and this would have
something to do with that it seem's to be like the Ford and Holden rivalry.
Thanks for any help in advance

As the Guys pointed out, it will find Gold You just need to learn it and put the coil over it, There's over A 100 Coils that will fit it,
Zuke_Lynzy has the best Coil for finding Small Gold on his, (he's working on his retirement Plan),

I have the TDI SL which is the next one in the range that already has the other switches from the factory, where yours is made for the soul purpose to find Gold and Deep Relics and it can and will do all that at a realistic price which is how it should be, And when you can, just buy the Coils Zuke has and just Get out there, I had a mega machine but this one does more for the type of Detecting I do,

So good luck and charge it up and go for it,

John

Someone did find a 2ozt Nugget with the SPP A short while ago and Someone with A TDI Pro did find a 5.6ozt nugget AT 30" Down, So that proves to me that they Work,
Don't worry your Machine is in Good Company.

John

Haven't used the SPP but can guarantee the TDI Pro Ozz will find gold, as Liz found 3 dozen bits in about 30 hrs detecting with hers last year in WA. Can't see why the SPP wouldn't do as well in the right locations. Great value for money machines and with experience should be quite productive. ;)

Wal.

Mate, I'm trying hard to try and find gold with mine. Apart from gold, I have found all sorts of junk with it, from big pieces to tiny pieces at all kinds of depth and ground conditions.

I have no doubt I will eventually find gold with it, I just have to put in the hours and actually walk over it.

Trust me, as soon as I do find some, I'll put up some photos/videos of my finds on here and with fingers crossed, it's sooner rather than later.

Just bought one for my dear wife,only feels like a feather.

I have only used it for about 1 hour,start out with the big coil they give you,which was ok,but when I put my homemade 6 inch on that is where it is really great,with the smaller coil,it runs really smooth on some quite hot ground.
Put down some small 0.1-0.3 of a gram,and it was picking them up quite a few inches above,this is where I feel this machine will shine,time retricted from doing more tests,but I am very pleased with it.

Regards Frank

The day is drawing closer to getting a second detector, was discussing with the missus about wanting to get more detecting time in once the weather starts to cool and she is also keen to try detecting herself after getting a thrill out of digging some old relics at Edwards Reef mine tailings in Gippsland a while back.
I'm wanting to get back to detecting some areas in Gippsland as well as starting to put some camping/detecting weekends in the GT over the cooler months.
I currently have a MXT Pro which hasn't seen enough use yet and really keen to get the SPP as well, my thoughts are to give Trace the SPP to use and for myself to continue learning with the MXT as she won't put time into research, just wants to find things, I'm happy to research and try to learn as I go.
I believe if I learn the MXT enough to find the odd spec of gold then swinging the SPP should be easier to pick up when I do?
If I give Trace the MXT so she can find some relics easily and myself using the SPP I feel I'll never fully understand the Pro and probably never use it in favour of the SPP.
I've done some testing in the back yard recently after finding my lead split shot container (I don't have any pickers to use) and put the smallest shot on the ground which was slightly smaller than a match head, the MXT with Eclipse 10x6" coil was able to murmur over it enough to know something was there with the coil a good couple of inches above the shot so I'm pretty confident if I come across a small picker or nugget I'll detect it if it's shallow enough.

So I guess my real question is, is learning the MXT inside out going to more beneficial to learning the SPP or should I just use the SPP and give Trace the MXT?
BTW, I'm just as happy finding relics as gold but my goal this year is to find a picker or small nugget with the/a detector.

Sorry for the life story but sometimes a good background is required to know where a particular question is coming from.

ProspectorPete said:
The day is drawing closer to getting a second detector, was discussing with the missus about wanting to get more detecting time in once the weather starts to cool and she is also keen to try detecting herself after getting a thrill out of digging some old relics at Edwards Reef mine tailings in Gippsland a while back.
I'm wanting to get back to detecting some areas in Gippsland as well as starting to put some camping/detecting weekends in the GT over the cooler months.
I currently have a MXT Pro which hasn't seen enough use yet and really keen to get the SPP as well, my thoughts are to give Trace the SPP to use and for myself to continue learning with the MXT as she won't put time into research, just wants to find things, I'm happy to research and try to learn as I go.
I believe if I learn the MXT enough to find the odd spec of gold then swinging the SPP should be easier to pick up when I do?
If I give Trace the MXT so she can find some relics easily and myself using the SPP I feel I'll never fully understand the Pro and probably never use it in favour of the SPP.
I've done some testing in the back yard recently after finding my lead split shot container (I don't have any pickers to use) and put the smallest shot on the ground which was slightly smaller than a match head, the MXT with Eclipse 10x6" coil was able to murmur over it enough to know something was there with the coil a good couple of inches above the shot so I'm pretty confident if I come across a small picker or nugget I'll detect it if it's shallow enough.

So I guess my real question is, is learning the MXT inside out going to more beneficial to learning the SPP or should I just use the SPP and give Trace the MXT?
BTW, I'm just as happy finding relics as gold but my goal this year is to find a picker or small nugget with the/a detector.

Sorry for the life story but sometimes a good background is required to know where a particular question is coming from.

Pete they are both easy machines to learn you can set em and forget em if you use those settings I gave you they will work anywhere, In Iron fill sites In Relic mode run your DISC at 2.8-2,9 and when chasing Gold set it to 1.8 to 1.9, ALWAYS leave the Trigger in the middle position when you use the Relic mode and the same in the prospect, and pull the trigger when you pinpoint, Run the gain up till it starts to run rough then back it of,, When you are happy and confident turn it up to just to where it almost runs rough and use it like that, and you are good to go,

With the SPP, just run it at the default settings and crank it up and your ready to Rock, it is even easier to run, and all you have to do is listen to the tone,

john

shalis said:
Im finding shotty pellets with my 12x7' NF on my SPP so im confident it is the goods. Just have to step over it now.

Good For you, Keep going because if you are finding them The Next One just Might Be A Nugget,

They do work quite well' I use my TDI pro but iv got a good mate that has found some nice gold with his SPP but still waiting for a picture to post up...

I Have done some Testing and the Standard 12" DF works on bits down to about 0.16/0.17gm and the 7.5" doesn't seem much better, So If you are after those Smaller bits The I think that 9x5 Folded Mono might be needed, The Shape of the Nuggets seems to be A Very Important Issue, My Smaller test pieces might work if I squash them making them Flatter Because It picks up a 38gm Piece of Lead at 25/26 inches, Bigger Targets Really come though at a massive Depth and Unless I was in Gold Baring Ground I would Not Bother Digging them, I would Hate to dig as far as these things can go on Large Targets with the Standard Coil,

john

Latest posts