Whites PI Gold Detector Gold Nugget Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolfau said:
Thought I would start this thread as I am keen to see the type of Gold
the Whites TDI or SPP finds.

So pls do share your photos with coil type used and settings if Applicable.

Thank You in Advance.

I would like to see some too, but not promo shots from the dealers website.
Some one other than Wal"n"Liz must have found some surely.

Redfin said:
Wolfau said:
Thought I would start this thread as I am keen to see the type of Gold
the Whites TDI or SPP finds.

So pls do share your photos with coil type used and settings if Applicable.

Thank You in Advance.

I would like to see some too, but not promo shots from the dealers website.
Some one other than Wal"n"Liz must have found some surely.

Totally agree.

Let's see what happens.

Edit: Would love to see some found with the SPP and TDI Pro though because I do know
guys are finding the yellow with these machines..

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:

Anyway, that's a GMT, not the Whites PI machines that Wolfau started this thread for, like this one from the same dealer gallery:
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/media/mediaappearance/files/p/5/p5220063.jpg

WOW. If there is a photo that describes the word gorgeous, this one has to be one of them.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Comon guys no need to be shy, pls post yours :D :D :D

Hard Luck said:
Wolfau said:

I would love to post some. But I havent found any gold yet. :(

I am in the same boat with the 5k. I have been reading about your journey though.

Persist and trust me when I say this spend an extra 30 minutes in travel time and
you get to the better gold fields. I go out for the day and spend just over 3 hours
travelling coming and going. Use John Tullys maps and find diggings near named
reefs and detect before the diggings and before the reefs. This is my next plan of
attack.

Hope this helps. Good luck with it.

Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Wolfau said:
Hard Luck said:
Wolfau said:

I would love to post some. But I havent found any gold yet. :(

I am in the same boat with the 5k. I have been reading about your journey though.

Persist and trust me when I say this spend an extra 30 minutes in travel time and
you get to the better gold fields. I go out for the day and spend just over 3 hours
travelling coming and going. Use John Tullys maps and find diggings near named
reefs and detect before the diggings and before the reefs. This is my next plan of
attack.

Hope this helps. Good luck with it.

Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Cheers Wolfau. I hear what you are saying about the better fields. May have to start going just that bit extra next couple of times.
I really think I need a better coils as well. Not to sure how good that smaller coil I got with the SPP is. and I mainly use that for the weight issue.

Hard Luck said:
Cheers Wolfau. I hear what you are saying about the better fields. May have to start going just that bit extra next couple of times.
I really think I need a better coils as well. Not to sure how good that smaller coil I got with the SPP is. and I mainly use that for the weight issue.

Edit: What coil are you using with the spp?

Wolfau said:
Hard Luck said:

I got 2 when I purchased it. The larger one that is in a Pic earlier in this thread covered in gold and the smaller one.
I don't think the smaller one is much good for the sub grammers but I like it as it is light.

Here's the smaller one.

2015%2B-%2B1

Hard Luck said:

Check reply #4 below.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10292

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Yeah iv tried the 14" round by memory it goes about 2" more depth on a $2 coin and about the same on small gold sensitivity. Iv got the 12x16 MJD and it tests on par with the 14" round.
The folded 5x9 folded is by far the most sensitive coil iv used yet on the TDI, the coiltek 6" will go a little deeper on say .1gram but the coiltek won't pick up what the 5x9 folded will.

Miner John has also released a few coils for minelab PI there ment to be very quiet and smooth on the earlier mine labs.... Might be worth contacting Brian Batesman (Bairnsdale) if you just got a old minelab' I know he has a few'

Hard Luck said:
I got 2 when I purchased it. The larger one that is in a Pic earlier in this thread covered in gold and the smaller one.
I don't think the smaller one is much good for the sub grammers but I like it as it is light.
Here's the smaller one.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAAZzY/mgJP89P5y60/w488-h867-no/2015+-+1

Just a word of advice if I may, HL - that cable needs to be tightly wound around the stem, not flapping in the breeze as pictured. PI detectors are sensitive beasts and if you're chasing tiny nuggets with a small coil, you need to eliminate anything that might hide a very tiny signal from being detected or being heard. Cable movement can cause falsing which may sound like ground noise or possible coil issues, whereas if it's nice and tight, any such potential target signal interference is eliminated.

grubstake said:
Hard Luck said:
Here's the smaller one.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAAAAZzY/mgJP89P5y60/w488-h867-no/2015+-+1

Just a word of advice if I may, HL - that cable needs to be tightly wound around the stem, not flapping in the breeze as pictured. PI detectors are sensitive beasts and if you're chasing tiny nuggets with a small coil, you need to eliminate anything that might hide a very tiny signal from being detected or being heard. Cable movement can cause falsing which may sound like ground noise or possible coil issues, whereas if it's nice and tight, any such potential target signal interference is eliminated.
Cheers grubstake. Appreciate the advice. Yes it has been brought to my attention when I previously published this pic when I was up at Dollys creek. It may have even been you. :)
I have since then kept it wound around the shaft a lot better than that.

Speaking of ground noise and apologies if I go of topic here a bit. In certain spots with this coil it seems to go off when there is a small rise in the ground.Or if I approach the ground too fast. Other spots it is fine. A bit frustrating but I carry a small piece of lead as a test piece.
Suppose I need to keep learning the machine.

grubstake said:
I don't recognise that coil, HT - clearly it's not a Whites Oz mono or their US Dual Field. So what is it?

It's the Whites SuperPulse 150 (6" Coil) The bad thing about that coils is the winding is in the top of the housing which leaves an Inch Air Gap when the Coil is sitting on the Ground.

Once again apologies for going OT, I will post pics when I finally get that yellow.
Here is another pic of that coil. They threw it in for free. Apparently it was part of the original package.
When I was up at Waanyarra and I asked about how small a piece it may find I'm sure I was told up to.5 of a gram. But i can't recall to what depth.

I can't find much about it on the net.

I don't have scales but it has found lead that I would estimate to be between 1-2 grams to about 4-6 inches. So I'm hoping if I walk over a piece of yellow in the right conditions I get to it.

2015%2B-%2B1

Hard Luck said:
Once again apologies for going OT, I will post pics when I finally get that yellow.
Here is another pic of that coil. They threw it in for free. Apparently it was part of the original package.
When I was up at Waanyarra and I asked about how small a piece it may find I'm sure I was told up to.5 of a gram. But i can't recall to what depth.

I don't have scales but it has found lead that I would estimate to be between 1-2 grams to about 4-6 inches. So I'm hoping if I walk over a piece of yellow in the right conditions I get to it.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...-I/AAAAAAAAaXY/J9vA9Kcm3q4/w469-h833/2015+-+1

Do you mean 0.05 and 0.1-0.2, Because the Standard 12"DF will see 0.08 - 0.10??

Ridge Runner said:
Hard Luck said:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...-I/AAAAAAAAaXY/J9vA9Kcm3q4/w469-h833/2015+-+1

No. I mean 0.5. Maybe I should be using the larger coil but I find it a bit heavy. For some reason I have ended up with tennis elbow. Don't know why as the last time I was anywhere near a tennis ball back in primary school playing "brandy" or "king". :D

Hard Luck said:
Ridge Runner said:
Hard Luck said:

No. I mean 0.5. Maybe I should be using the larger coil but I find it a bit heavy. For some reason I have ended up with tennis elbow. Don't know why as the last time I was anywhere near a tennis ball back in primary school playing "brandy" or "king". :D

I know how you feel, :eek:

I have the 7.5 DF which is 2 coils in one,?? (7.5" and a 3.5") just to confuse the issue, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet or test it properly,

Latest posts