When will the rain stop

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish you luck getting rid of the mouse's

We will get water rats now like we did last time

Out the front of my place

1616122277_img20210319133018_copy_1200x1600.jpg

goody2shoes said:
Would a detector be able to pick up any of the gold at all Mr Moneybox?

Or is it to fine ?

Hard to say Goody. Our neighbour who died a year ago told us how every time it rained his parents would send all the kids out to collect gold from the sides of the hill between here and the town centre. As the surface continues to erode and wash into town I have no doubt there's some gold going along with it.

We had just over 100mm in Terrigal over 24 hours yesterday, getting a bit over it, has been raining here on and off for weeks but mainly just nuisance rain until yesterday and the night before. That system is heading this way and is likely to dump another 1 or 2 hundred mm before it goes away, not looking forward to it.

There were plenty of flooded roads around the Central Coast yesterday and last night, would not want to be in a low lying area tonight and tomorrow as there will probably be quite a bit of flooding around the lakeside areas.

Moneybox said:
We've placed houses where swamps used to be. Our main street in Cue is on the old river bed where hundreds of ounces of gold were found. No doubt there's still a lot under the bitumen. Now every time there's a downpour the main road is awash with gravel most likely contaminated with flecks of yellow. I was in Brisbane for the 1974 floods where many houses went completely under water. Nothing new about the rain and flooding, the only difference was where the idiots chose to develop land for housing and commercial use. Like many others it could have been a beautiful city if the flood plain was left as flood plain.

On point.

My favourite would be watching the tree felling crew extracting a few large redgums in the flood plain to develop a housing estate. The same flood that trapped the residents in their homes for over a week barely left a foot of water in my back paddock that was deemed unsuitable for permanent structures as it was a "flood prone" zone under the 1 in a hundred year event ruling. Nor was permission given to add fill as it would "alter the floodzone and reduce catchment" :lol:

Money talks and common sense isnt so common.

The rain has stopped for the moment but is meant to rain again later

Still trapped in... they are working over time trying to clear the road

They will have one side of the road open soon we hope as there are a lot of people trapped in

The park where I am is still very flooded

Hope you have enough food etc goody! And by food I mean beer also. :)

You might be in another type of lockdown for a few days.

We should be ok with food etc

The office will keep us updated on what is going on :D

It has not rained for around two hours now woohoo

On the forecast it is still saying more rain on it's way :(

I have not been inside of my caravan as yet ... keeping my fingers crossed on that one

It's just another day in paradise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Insurance, insurance, insurance mate.

Reminds me of that massive flood in Queensland around 8ish years ago now. The ahole insurance companies didn't pay yg out because the river that burst it's banks and destroyed houses was man made, not natural. Farcical that was.

Latest posts