what is the strangest unexplained event you have experienced

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife & I did the "ghost tour" at Port Arthur one wet, drizzly night.
The tours are carried out at night with two lanterns only...... the guide carries one & leads the way & another person is asked to carry the other & follow up the rear of the group. There were about 12 or 15 people in our group. After going all around P.A. including the court house & prison cells...... in the dark .....we ended up at the head surgeons cottage & they took us down to a cellar beneath the house where the autopsies were carried out.
The original marble slab is still in place & the guide made plenty of gruesome references to the blood & the gore & to "how many men & women" got sliced up right here.
For effect there was a cows skull complete with horns placed at the head of the slab where the guide stood to do his spiel while everyone else gathered around in the gloom.
Our guide was a bit of a character & prior to our tour he had placed a spring driven wind up plastic mouse under the cows skull. At the critical moment when everyone was listening to his hushed story he lifted the skull & the now released mouse took off down the slab. Some of the women in the group let out a scream & reeled back causing panic in those standing behind that couldn't see what was going on.
The unfortunate woman standing at the end of the slab was talking to someone behind her when the mouse took off & she didn't see it coming. She was wearing one of those furry wooly jumpers & when the mouse ran into the jumper it's wheels got caught in the wool & & it raced up her chest making a loud whirring noise. She screamed & fell backward & once again those that couldn't see what was happening thought the worst & panicked. :eek: :eek: :eek:
It took the guide quite a while to settle everyone down & as we left the cottage the next group were standing waiting their turn to go in. As we filed out the people in the next group could be heard telling their guide "we aint going in there ...... not after all the screaming from this bunch".
Do I believe????????? Ghosts no........but UFO's......not so sure.
Rob.

OLDSOULDIGGING777 said:
Heatho said:
I really want to detect around the quarantine station, I don't reckon they'd allow me to though.

looks like we have to dress all in black and go for a walk.

I think I'd rather ask for permission, just so as I don't mistakenly dig up someone who died from plague or smallpox.

dam it said:
bundyjd said:
I bought a burger at McDonalds once and it looked exactly like the picture on the sign :eek:
:lol: :lol: I call " Bull Shite " on that :lol:

Yeah I have never seen one like the one in the picture, Does such a thing exist I ask ? :mad:

I had dreams of doing things , some of them were just mundane chores but had something happen to make them unique, now 30 or more years later i will be going about my day and have a uncanny feeling that i have done the exact thing before and a couple of them i did remember that it was a dream years ago.

G,day mate. Me an my dad were camping on the wollindilly river a few years back on my uncles property witch was an hour from the front gate, beautiful spot, nice trout too. We had dinner and got in the tent an started to crash then I could here talking all of a sudden, I woke my dad an said listen carefully Somones out there talking he then said oh shit I left the CB on in 4wd go turn it off will ya but when I got to the car chills ran up my spine when tI found it was already off , it happened again an people or something were laughing also ,We were out the middle of nowhere and the only way to get out to this spot is by my uncles road which the gate was locked .we layed there with our two rifles loaded scared stiff for the rest of the night.years later I found out that there was an old drovers hut down stream 100mt from us too.

Mangrovejack said:
G,day mate. Me an my dad were camping on the wollindilly river a few years back on my uncles property witch was an hour from the front gate, beautiful spot, nice trout too. We had dinner and got in the tent an started to crash then I could here talking all of a sudden, I woke my dad an said listen carefully Somones out there talking he then said oh shite I left the CB on in 4wd go turn it off will ya but when I got to the car chills ran up my spine when tI found it was already off , it happened again an people or something were laughing also ,We were out the middle of nowhere and the only way to get out to this spot is by my uncles road which the gate was locked .we layed there with our two rifles loaded scared stiff for the rest of the night.years later I found out that there was an old drovers hut down stream 100mt from us too.

I have a story about trout fishing on the Wollondilly that would put the wind up you for sure, not supernatural, but pretty freaky!

I find getting through everyday is pretty weird and freaky :Y:

My sighting 1975 Urania S.A. 1975
http://www.ufoinfo.com/sightings/australia/750400.shtml

I will make a slight edit to that report. Instead of me aiming 20 feet over the object it should have read 2 meters over.
I still to this day stand by what we saw. There was no mistaken identity. The people involved are still adamant as well.

I don't care if someone doesn't believe what we saw.
You had to be there.

Wishfull said:

I will make a slight edit to that report. Instead of me aiming 20 feet over the object it should have read 2 meters over.
I still to this day stand by what we saw. There was no mistaken identity. The people involved are still adamant as well.

You had to be there.

Yup mate, we don't need anyone's approval of what we believe in, and you were there firsthand. :Y:

Wishfull said:

You had to be there.

I'm relieved you don't care, otherwise I'd feel bad for not believing :D

I was out with a mate shooting one night , walking through the bush by the light of the stars , we both saw a huge flash in the sky and saw a shooting star crossing the horizon from left to right in the period of about 1.5 seconds..... and then making a slow u turn , straightening up and then doing a full circle and disappearing over the horizon.

It must have been kilometers up in the sky , yet it crossed a few thousand kilometers in seconds.

not bad for a shooting star . lol

I was awakened one morning about 0300 by a noise so i lay there listening and i could hear it again
Ever so slowly i got out of bed slowly unsheathed the sword next to my bed so there was no noise
Creeping around the bed as quite as a mouse i looked to my right all good wife still asleep
Took another few steps and kicked the bed leg lots of words were comming to mind as i stood there thinking i had broken my little tow
Tears in the eyes i Got to the end of the bed looked left and i saw the most terrifying thing i had ever seen in my life
Here i was face to face with this big ugly guy looking into my eyes holding the biggest sword i had ever seen
I struck first with a massive swing that would have fell a pine tree on contact
There was screaming and the sound of breaking glass
The wife woke up and turned the light on and here i am looking at myself in the floor to seeling mirror well what is left of it
Later found the cat in the kitchen bin
Moral of this story is don't believe every thing you see is super natural
sometimes its just smoke and mirrors

Beware of that which you do not understand!..There is more to this place than any of us can begin to imagine...In my humble opinion.Some of the stories here are truly strange!...perhaps the idea of 'parallel universes' is the key. :| Maybe you die but your spirit crosses over to another realm...?..who knows.

When I was a young bloke on the farm I needed to pee , nobody was around so I thought I would take advantage of one of the few remaining freedoms that men still have , and I did a pee while standing up .

Peed I did , on a fence post .

Until I suddenly felt a huge kick to the balls , even at that age I thought holy shit ! How's the power of the feminists they heard what I was thinking and struck me down .

Then I stood up and realised I had pissed on an electric fence .

Fancy the Bloody feminists putting an electric fence right where I was going to pee !

Wishfull said:

You had to be there.

They love fox meat , i bet they were cranky you didnt keep shooting more for them. ;)

Wishfull said:

You had to be there.
Used to live 10 mile (approx ) out of Maitland when I was a kid in the 1950 s . One night mum and my older brother came running into the farm house as white as ghosts and all though mum refused to talk about it my brother told me they got chased by the ghost of old Max ( an aboriginal elder that lived on the farm ) . In the 1950 s in the bush that was not something you talked about and even my broher wont discuss it .
My old man said it was all B s .
I still not sure :)

Some disbelievers here but that's cool.
Here's one my Dad told me that happened to him.
Dad and Mum and there two friends were on their way back home from a trip up to the Flinders Ranges taking pictures, Mum and her friends were artists.
Anyway it was dark and about 8 miles out of Maitland Dad said that a bright red light appeared to the right of the car just off the ground, the car then lost all power and stopped. The light took off and Dad restarted the car. He said everything electrical died except the temp guage which he couldnt understand. I said well Dad that's because the guage is worked on a capillary tube and isn't reliant on electrics of the car.
I had fitted the guage for Dad on his HQ Holden before they went on their trip.

Approximately 15 years ago I was on an organized Toyota 4x4 trip to the Vic high country.
We camped up on the Wonongatta station for a couple of nights. It was a family trip with wives & kids. There were about 30 Toyota vehicles & approximately 100 people/kids.
After dark on the Saturday night it was frosty & clear so we had a mother of a bon fire burning. The kids were running around everywhere screaming & laughing while the adults sat/stood around in groups chatting & having a social drink. With 100 odd people you can imagine the noise.
I was talking to a Toyota bigwig about something or other & while facing him I looked over his left shoulder. I noticed a very bright light coming over the rim of the mountain range to the north east & traveling towards us. He noticed I wasn't concentrating on the conversation & asked "what's wrong".
We both watched as the light (about twice as bright as any other star in the sky that night) approached. When "it" was directly overhead it stopped. We hadn't said a word to anyone else but people saw us looking up & turned to watch "it". Gradually the silence crept through the group until even the kids were quiet & looking up at the light.
The silence itself was eerie. After a few minutes with the light not moving people became a little bored & gradually the noise returned..... kids started running around again & people refilled their glasses. I again looked up & noticed two more lights coming from the NE & the same scenario was reenacted. These two lights joined the first forming a triangle & then remained stationary for a few minutes. Then the first light moved off on it's own & travelled due west covering 3/4 of the visible sky & again stopped. Once again the trailing two lights moved in the same direction & joined the first where they sat stationary for a few minutes. Then the three lights flashed across the last 1/4 of sky heading W in seconds.
As I said it was a still frosty night & the lights gave off no noise. They travelled a bit faster than the satellites you often see in the night sky but when they did the final dash over the horizon it was quicker than any shooting star or jet that I have ever seen.
I have no idea what they were but I don't believe they were man made. There was no mention of the incident in any of the local or major papers.
And as I also said this was witnessed by approximately 100 individuals.
Rob.

Latest posts