what is the strangest unexplained event you have experienced

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
Ridge Runner said:
I had something happen about 2010 that I can't explain, I don't want to know and I don't wanna explore it any further, I would just rather not go there.

That's okay mate...one drunken encounter doesn't mean you're gay :D

Thank Goodness for that, then alls right with the world,, :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

I grew up in a house that was extended around an existing building that was used as a church for the town while the new church was being built out of stone a few 100 metres away. When we replaced the floors in the old part of the house we found something like 380 Victoria pennies scattered under the floor mostly young heads and bun heads, plus quite a collection of bottles neatly laid out in rows.

Pretty sure the house was haunted but thankfully if so the ghost(s) were benevolent, it would mostly come down to small things going missing, then turning back up again in strange places. Also, anything electronic seemed a curiosity as every now and then odd things would happen like the freezer would be turned up to 6, and my parents always insisted 4 was high enough, you needed a 20c coin or flathead screwdriver and a bit of strength to turn up the dial. At first, I would cop the blame but I knew I was not touching the dial. We had a pretty big slow combustion stove/oven in the kitchen and sometimes in the warmer months it was not really worth lighting to cook dinner so mum often used those old electric frypans....she was always yelling at me for turning up the dial to full, but every time I swore to her that I did not touch it. A few times in the night we were woken to the stereo turned on to the radio but tuned to just static.

We had an open face copper kitchen clock in the shape of a frying pan, hung near the stove. It had a habit of stopping at 10:10, crazy thing was that it would discern between AM/PM always stopping at night. We thought it was the mechanism and had it checked, it was fine there was no obstruction that would force it to stop at that time as the hands moved into position. We always shrugged it off as "Henry" messing with us, then one night I was in bed and my mother screamed from the kitchen, I ran out with dad not far behind me and we were shocked to find the hands of the clock stopped at 10:10, however this time they were pointing out from the clock at 90 degree angles. I tried to rationalise it over the years thinking the clock might have been holding some kind of electric charge, reacting like bimetallic strips can bend with heat/electricity, I really can't explain it though.

Thankfully though it never went much further than that, mostly just a bit of trickery here and there. The house that we lived in prior to that one though was downright evil, Amityville Horror kind of deal. I was a bit young to remember it all, especially this long down the track but my parents tell me no one was ever happy in the house it felt like it was weighing you down. Apparently, I had constant nightmares and was always saying people were in my room at night and they would not let me sleep.

My older sister (who still talks about this) was home from school with a cold, both mum & dad worked and I was in daycare or preschool. She had been in her room in bed watching tv and had decided to take a nap, she woke to the sound of someone in the kitchen, the clink of a teaspoon on a cup and the kettle boiling. She thought our mother was home and called out "Hi mum, can you please make me a cup of tea too?" there was no response, so she called out to mum again and rolled over in bed to see what she describes as a figure of an old lady standing in the door of her room, she says the figure was not quite corporeal, and that the woman put her finger up to her lips and said "Shhhhh, go back to bed dear" my sister freaked out and hid under her covers until mum got home with me around 4 pm.

When my parents decided they had had enough of the place, they had to get an electrician in to do some rewiring. The guy knew the place but said to mum and dad, that the house was not built there but relocated there. Turns out the house was sold to the previous owners on the cheap as a multiple murder/suicide was committed in the house. From what they found out later is that a guy killed his entire family in the house with an axe and a hammer, then hung himself. To make matters worse there were existing stables on the property where another separate man had hung himself only a couple of decades prior.

I have also seen Min Min lights out the back of Queensland while travelling up to the Cobourg Peninsula for a fishing trip, pretty scary at the time but some scientist from the University of Queensland now explains that it is just refracted light trapped in a layer of cold air. During a storm my grandparents had ball lightning come in the back door of their house float around the lounge room before hitting the TV and then going out the front door.

Well, I'm a bit of a sceptic.
I'm not saying that ghosts are not real, I have a bit of an open mind, and there are so many unexplainable occurances attributed to ghosts ,god or UFO,s, just so that an explanation has been given.

Homo sapians have been around for about 125000 years or so.
I reckon a lot of people have died in 125000 years, and if say 3% of them became ghosts, then there would be multi millions of ghosts everywhere, and there could be no question about their exsistance.

AussieChris said:
I grew up in a house that was extended around an existing building that was used as a church for the town while the new church was being built out of stone a few 100 metres away. When we replaced the floors in the old part of the house we found something like 380 Victoria pennies scattered under the floor mostly young heads and bun heads, plus quite a collection of bottles neatly laid out in rows.

Pretty sure the house was haunted but thankfully if so the ghost(s) were benevolent, it would mostly come down to small things going missing, then turning back up again in strange places. Also, anything electronic seemed a curiosity as every now and then odd things would happen like the freezer would be turned up to 6, and my parents always insisted 4 was high enough, you needed a 20c coin or flathead screwdriver and a bit of strength to turn up the dial. At first, I would cop the blame but I knew I was not touching the dial. We had a pretty big slow combustion stove/oven in the kitchen and sometimes in the warmer months it was not really worth lighting to cook dinner so mum often used those old electric frypans....she was always yelling at me for turning up the dial to full, but every time I swore to her that I did not touch it. A few times in the night we were woken to the stereo turned on to the radio but tuned to just static.

We had an open face copper kitchen clock in the shape of a frying pan, hung near the stove. It had a habit of stopping at 10:10, crazy thing was that it would discern between AM/PM always stopping at night. We thought it was the mechanism and had it checked, it was fine there was no obstruction that would force it to stop at that time as the hands moved into position. We always shrugged it off as "Henry" messing with us, then one night I was in bed and my mother screamed from the kitchen, I ran out with dad not far behind me and we were shocked to find the hands of the clock stopped at 10:10, however this time they were pointing out from the clock at 90 degree angles. I tried to rationalise it over the years thinking the clock might have been holding some kind of electric charge, reacting like bimetallic strips can bend with heat/electricity, I really can't explain it though.

Thankfully though it never went much further than that, mostly just a bit of trickery here and there. The house that we lived in prior to that one though was downright evil, Amityville Horror kind of deal. I was a bit young to remember it all, especially this long down the track but my parents tell me no one was ever happy in the house it felt like it was weighing you down. Apparently, I had constant nightmares and was always saying people were in my room at night and they would not let me sleep.

My older sister (who still talks about this) was home from school with a cold, both mum & dad worked and I was in daycare or preschool. She had been in her room in bed watching tv and had decided to take a nap, she woke to the sound of someone in the kitchen, the clink of a teaspoon on a cup and the kettle boiling. She thought our mother was home and called out "Hi mum, can you please make me a cup of tea too?" there was no response, so she called out to mum again and rolled over in bed to see what she describes as a figure of an old lady standing in the door of her room, she says the figure was not quite corporeal, and that the woman put her finger up to her lips and said "Shhhhh, go back to bed dear" my sister freaked out and hid under her covers until mum got home with me around 4 pm.

When my parents decided they had had enough of the place, they had to get an electrician in to do some rewiring. The guy knew the place but said to mum and dad, that the house was not built there but relocated there. Turns out the house was sold to the previous owners on the cheap as a multiple murder/suicide was committed in the house. From what they found out later is that a guy killed his entire family in the house with an axe and a hammer, then hung himself. To make matters worse there were existing stables on the property where another separate man had hung himself only a couple of decades prior.

I have also seen Min Min lights out the back of Queensland while travelling up to the Cobourg Peninsula for a fishing trip, pretty scary at the time but some scientist from the University of Queensland now explains that it is just refracted light trapped in a layer of cold air. During a storm my grandparents had ball lightning come in the back door of their house float around the lounge room before hitting the TV and then going out the front door.

Wow thats really interesting ! Is that house you grew up in near Dunedoo ?

Surfing at pondalowie bay sa in about 1965 when you found a spot in the sand dunes to camp and lugged your board a couple of ks thru the dunes to the bay to surf
.It was at about 2 am when the group of about 7 blokes from the next camp came running into our camp and reconded a ufo had just destroyed their camp . A lot of heavy drugs in the surfing fraternity in those days so after we got them calmed down a bit they aked for a lift to Warooker to use the public phone to ring their folks .
They would not come back to camp so we left them sitting on the dirt footpath next to the phone box .
As we saw nothing looking like a ufo we got a bit more sleep then next morning started the long walk to the beach but decided to swing by their camp for a look .
When we got there it was one hell of a trashed camp ..Cars rolled over and tents blown up the side of dunes . But every thing had been blown out in a circular pattern with a 25 mt bald spot in the centre and no footprints in the sand , just wind ripples in perfect circles .
Believed in ufo, s ever since.

I used to live in an old house in Orange with my girlfriend and two others. It was probably one of the first houses built in Orange, very close to the centre of town.
Not long after we had moved in, we heard some strange noises coming from above the ceiling, inside the roof. It was like a small dog was running and after a few seconds you would hear it slide. It would keep doing this in the middle of the night, take a run up and then slide along the ceiling, night after night. At first we thought it was kind of funny, hearing this animal seemingly have a ball up there, but all four of us were becoming sleep deprived so we decided to get a pest control guy to come and check out and remove the possum or whatever it was that was making the noise.
The pest guy got up inside the roof and checked it all out. He said there were no signs of any animal, pest or rodent, or any droppings or anything at all to indicate there was something inside the roof. Also there were no holes or crevices or any way anything could even get inside the roof.
We didnt stay much longer in that house and to this day all four of us have no idea what was up there making that noise.
Not a really spooky or scary story but makes you wonder about strange occurrences !

Thatsgold, The old church one yes.......the murder one no.

I'm nowhere near 100% convinced about ghosts, ufo's, psychics etc myself, like Davent suggests we would be bumping into them everywhere we went and with today's equipment we would clearly be able to record their activity rather than crappy blurry pics and vids of queer-shaped lights with your imagination interpreting something you choose to see.

However, saying that sometimes you see stuff that stops you in your tracks and you just can't explain it.

Hopefully, the strangest most unexplained event I have experienced will happen this weekend.....I will actually get out prospecting for a change rather than doing the lawns, being carted away to do shopping under duress, babysitting someone else's kid while they are off having a good time, or holed up indoors because the rain set in Friday lol.

I am just happy to know that we all have our own belief system otherwise it would be a boring world to live in. :)

I have a few pictures but not sure where they are on this hard drive... :)

hey my response to people who dont believe in supernatural things is, it must be a boring life to think you know everything. its just like saying there is only one reality. but none the less top storys hahahahaa and to the bloke that called his exs name your a legend mate. caught thinking about the grate white buffalo :Y: :Y: :Y:

I've stayed at the quarantine station for a few nights, and saw no ghosts personally, neither did any of our group.

These days it's a flash accommodation, dining and conference center. They do apparently run ghost tours, or used to!

https://www.qstation.com.au/

pete165 said:
OLDSOULDIGGING777 said:
nice one, that would have freaked me out, hahaha you would have had the light on for a few nights keep them coming!!!

No mate I am a seezend ghost hunter. Have stayed overnight at the Quarentine Station at Manly. Also stayed at Monte Christo. Both are extremely haunted spots.

OLDSOULDIGGING777 said:
hey my response to people who dont believe in supernatural things is, it must be a boring life to think you know everything. its just like saying there is only one reality. but none the less top storys hahahahaa and to the bloke that called his exs name your a legend mate. caught thinking about the grate white buffalo :Y: :Y: :Y:

Not believing in the supenatural does not automatically mean you think you know everything. I also don't believe in Santa, the tooth fairy, elves at the bottom of my garden nor that if I recite Biggie Smalls 3 time he will pop out of my bathroom mirror.

All that aside..I do know everything :D

I was laying on the operating table and was being drawn to this bright light above me, then the anesthetic kicked in and I went to sleep.

If you see something in the sky that you can't identify it must be an alien spaceship from another galaxy with little men with pointy ears inside ready to suck you up and perform a rectal examination on you, what else could it possibly be?

If you see a wisp of smoke or fog of the right size it could only be a ghost, if it was real fog or smoke it would hang around to be formally identified.

Next time you are out in the bush and catch a glimpse of a dark animal with ears and a tail but are not sure what it is I can guarantee you it is a Black Panther and not your normal Black Panther, these Panthers are in their thousands and never die and never crap, they are really special Black Panthers.

AussieChris said:
Thatsgold, The old church one yes.......the murder one no.

I'm nowhere near 100% convinced about ghosts, ufo's, psychics etc

Aliens and ghosts, like comparing apples with oranges in my opinion.

I think aliens are statistically more likely to exists than not, by far. Weather they're intelligent and can travel through space is another story.

It reminds me of something I once saw in the sky though, and trust me I am in no way some UFO nut.

Best I can describe it was is a shooting star type object, it was bright yellow and small, but had no trail. It wastraveling across he sky, west to east, I tracked it for about 5 seconds. It was moving at a very quick rate of speed then it seemed to stop traveling west to east and immediately, what look like to me and for lack of a better term hook a right and travel super fast away from earth. After that it disappeared leaving me standing there wondering what I saw.

I've often dismissed it as something entering our atmosphere and burning out into nothing, and it was just my perspective that made it seem like it turned away and flew away from the earth. But that's the logical side of my brain talking.

In terms of ghosts I thoroughly don't believe they exist, I don't believe in an afterlife, I don't believe in the soul.

psychics I find personally insulting. Like someone wants to take my hard earned money and lie right to my face, it fires me up big time. Absolute charlatans!

Latest posts