What Book are You Readng

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Trash, your book might be a lot easier to read if it wasn't upside down. :D
Still, it looks like a good read though. :Y:

Another book on gold I picked up in Nerriga over the Easter weekend from the local church cake stall.
1522829193_20180404_173156_450_x_600.jpg
1522829208_20180404_173142_450_x_600.jpg

Ship of fools said:
The story of Mt Morgan,
The guy next door to me used to work in the smelter.
Kind of got me started on this trek.
Matt T
Hey Matt
Im halfway through the book at the moment. Had me imagining saddlebags full of gold traipsing through the mountains and not enough horses to carry them with....lol
Im happy to boomerang it to you when im done if you havent read it.
Cheers
ChrisM

A couple of goodies.
Hubert Who? by Malcolm Andrews, story of Hubert Wilkins, Australian spy, polar explorer, adventurer who was feted by presidents & kings all over the world for his exploits but never got the fame he deserved from Australia, had the bad grace to live thru his adventures.
Red Battle Flyer by Baron Von Richthofen, yep him, shows a very different man than the one who we've been led to believe about, great read.
Ten Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence, yep that one, interesting, but a hard read as he wouldn't know how to write a book if it bit him, it is real history though, look into Gertrude Bell, worked with Lawrence in the Arab bureau during ww1, travelled into Arabia, Syria, Turkey with a small crew of arabs, real life Lara Croft.
Carrier Pilot by Norman Hanson, Australian flying Corsair fighters from aircraft carriers during ww2, all about his life on the ship & in the air, excellent read, own story.
Tigers in the Mud by Otto Carius, from driver to tank commander of a German Tiger tank on the Russian front, his life in the tank & the German retreat during ww2, mind blowing. Own story.
The Greatest Knight by Thomas Asbridge, ever wanted to know what knights in shining armour was really like? Then this is it! The story of the Knight William Marshall, who served 3 kings, travelled to jousts, won acclaim & never besmirched his honour even if it meant he was to die, killed Richard the Lion Heart's horse instead of running The Lion Heart through, apparently killing Kings was frowned upon, was instrumental in the two Magna Carter's, all based from some Frenchie who wrote his story down just after Marshall's death from old age, the accounts are from family, friends, his retainers who he fought with & men he knew, absolutely mind boggling, a true warrior.

1523537031_ec35be80-cedc-4bbc-925c-bc7638c187f7.jpg

Never knew how much disruption they caused to international shipping. Have some close ties to the Sydney so was interesting to read about the lead up go that fateful day.

Flowers... your supposed to write the word and the meaning out..... ten times each .
8) uh-huh !
1523565110_1523522867_image.jpg

then.... you will more likely retain them ! :Y:

I looooovvve books.

Any of Barry Crumps books but especially "A good keen man".

All of Jim Corbetts books on hunting maneating tigers in early India.

Anything by Peter Hathaway Capstick....... "Death in the long grass", "Death in a silent place", "Death in a dark continent", "Maneater", "Safari" the list goes on & on ......but I would not recommend anyone reads any of PHC's books while camping out in the bush of a night.

Rob.

That looks really interesting Bjay.
The story of the HMAS Sydney is absolutely incredible.
I know two blokes who served in the fiirst gulf war,one on Adelaide and the other as a sig on Sydney.I learnt a bit about the history of it through him,but this book tells the whole story of what happened of the WA coast to this famous ship.
1523590684_949250b5-236c-4848-81ae-ed3c6e69a081.jpg

1523967913_20180417_222301small.jpg

Reading these books a bit too late after just getting back from Hill End. Also waiting on two more Brian Hodge books from the library - Valleys and Sunsets of Gold. His books are very good for anyone interested in the history of the NSW gold fields.

Just finished Broken Lives by Estelle Blackburn. Great read and with out giving to much away its about the last man hanged in Western Australia Eric Edgar Cooke. Some people maybe familiar with that name but for those of you who are not he was a serial killer back in the late 50's and early 60's in Perth. Well worth the read if you are into that kind of thing.

A prospectors guide to Gold in Australia,

metal detecting for gold and relics in Australia,

Australia hidden treasures,

These are keeping made me busy at the moment,

Goody :)

Latest posts