What Book are You Readng

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back to the book fair today to see if they still had the Ion Idriess books for half price, but they were gone. I managed to get some great bargains though including two Len Beadell books! Winning.

1520754569_20180311_180513.jpg

Some really great reads there Dron :Y: :Y:
Do you have several book on the go at once? I find I do that a lot, quite a few books, bookmarked on the bedside table, I read a bit of one and then the next night I read a bit of another?

Just started reading Wanderings in Wild Australia by Sir Baldwin Spencer. Its the 1928 first edition about the aboriginals of Central Australia. Fascinating reading.

Flowerpot said:
Some really great reads there Dron :Y: :Y:
Do you have several book on the go at once? I find I do that a lot, quite a few books, bookmarked on the bedside table, I read a bit of one and then the next night I read a bit of another?

Just one book at a time.

Dron said:
The book fair is on at Berkley, NSW for this weekend 9th-11th of March if anyone Illawarrians are interested in going. All books on Sunday half price, they had a set of Ion Idriess books for $40 so I might go back on Sunday and get them half price if they're still there.

Bugger, I missed it.
I will definitely be there for the next one though.
How many books do you reckon they might have had on sale Dron?

Chiron52 said:
How many books do you reckon they might have had on sale Dron?

Oh geez, no idea, about 50 tonnes?

The Berkley Netball stadium is pretty big and it's full of books. They have pallets and pallets of books and they bring them in via forklift.

From the Lifeline website -"We aim to have 70,000 books".

Next one is in October 2018, October 19th - 21st.

I enjoy crime and drama books, this one from the Lions Club op shop where I usually by a dozen books at a time, read them and return them or swap them out in caravan parks. 50c a book at the Lions Club, can't go wrong. Other than the fact it appears I read them upside down! :D
1520890736_image.jpg

1522757411_f275c613-cd78-4ecb-842b-472facf8fef8.jpg

I keep reading this as much as possible

The first 60 pages on detectors & Detecting are a good read for any prospector new or Old

And a lot of maps for most states

Also read the John Tully maps over & over :D

Latest posts