Chocolate bars - Cold or Room Temperature?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so I don't often completely go Troppo. But tonight, Mrs D lit my fuse with one of my all time dislikes- She put my bloody hazelnut chocolate bar in the fridge crisper! ]:D And she knows darn well that I hate cold chocolate.

It seems petty I know, but if I put her wine in the sun to warm, or put her coffee in the fridge to cool, all hell would break loose!

I made matters worse by sticking the chocolate bar in the microwave, thinking I'd zap it for 20 seconds and defrost it. Unfortunately, what I thought was a paper wrapper was in fact a dull foil wrapper. It sparked and promptly burned and stank the house out, destroying my beloved chocolate bar in a sticky black foiled :poop: like ooze :awful:

Seeing as she had already thrown out a pair of my most comfortable boxers today (muttering something about the hole in them being indecent and nobody being interested in dim sims or something- but that's another story), I completely lost my :poop: and Mt Deepseeker erupted.

The family have scattered and gone to bed to leave the grumpy old man to sit with the confused dog. Which brings me to my Question-

Am I the only one who loves his/her chocolate bar at room temperature, and yet can't stand the stuff when it's cold out of the fridge?

Look at the positives here Deepseeker, not the negatives. 1. you can still eat the hazel nuts. 2. You're going to have to be strong here. Put the melted chocolate back in the fridge crisper, that you now loathe, until it's cooled down a bit, and solidified a bit from the hot, sticky goo it was, and eat it. Just a word of warning. Pull out all the silver foil first if you have dental fillings with amalgam in them, or you'll be even angrier than you were before. Enjoy! wiley

That was bloody funny
I guess im not so different .... i like my things my way !
and god help anyone who dares to change it.
Having said that though , i used to like my chocy in the freezer
It would shatter when you managed to bite through it then melt away
Nowadays i have dentures (there could possibly be a relation :rolleyes: )
So definitely room temp for me :Y:
AND NO NUTS :N:

Thanks for the input guys. Things were a bit awkward this morning after my tanty last night, but we drove to the GT for the day to do some work on the weekender and to my surprise Mrs D bought me a another hazelnut chocolate bar on the way :) We take separate cars because mine tows the trailer with all of the tools and stuff, and she takes the kids and the dog and everything else in the other car. So, she stopped on the way and bought me another one, and made the effort to place it on the top of the fridge and not inside when they got there.

Now, before all of the female members jump on me thinking I'm a chauvinist pig, I have to mention that I do all of the food shopping, most of the washing, all of the ironing, the washing up that can't go in the dishwasher (including her freaking new wok that I swear I will back over one day and bury as its a pig of a thing to clean after she has used it as a charcoal kiln), and taking the youngest to her Soccer game every Saturday morning in the season. I don't ask for much, but my hazelnut chocolate bar with a cup of tea is a divine pleasure that I take great delight in.

The best part of it all is that I forgot to eat it while we were there, and now that we are back home I've found out that Mrs D picked it up for me before we left to come home tonight. I guess now we can kiss and make up :inlove:

I'll still name that big nugget after her when I find it (which by the way, won't be for quite some time as she has made me promise that there will be no detecting until the place is finished). Ah well, the things we do...............

Ah well my friend sounds like a partnership at its finest. As close to a modern man as one might get.

Im sure we can all remember our fathers and grandfathers in their day :lol:

Enjoy your chocolates mate.

It's in the title lol...

If it's winter time (southern states) then "room temp" is ok, but summer at over 30C chocolate turns from solid to a gooey mess, why wouldn't you keep in in the fridge. :)

Ah Ha! An interesting piece of evidence you have provided there Condor22. I note your location is Adelaide.....

Well, Mrs Deepseeker was originally an Adelaide girl, before turning her back on churches and pie floaters to make the journey across the border to Vic. It just may be that she has brought her crow-eater ways with her to our cold little corner of the country? Under such mitigating circumstances I should take that into consideration before sentencing. I understand there are some things as an Adelaidian, that she just cannot do.

A. She must have wine with her meal, never beer (and always an SA bottle,- a slap in the face to our Vic vignerons).

B. She refuses to use the word CASTLE, preferring to pronounce it CARSTLE.

I could go on, suffice to say that it is becoming obvious to me that you can take the girl out of Adelaide, but you can never take Adelaide out of the girl :)

Deepseeker said:
Ah Ha! An interesting piece of evidence you have provided there Condor22. I note your location is Adelaide.....

Well, Mrs Deepseeker was originally an Adelaide girl, before turning her back on churches and pie floaters to make the journey across the border to Vic. It just may be that she has brought her crow-eater ways with her to our cold little corner of the country? Under such mitigating circumstances I should take that into consideration before sentencing. I understand there are some things as an Adelaidian, that she just cannot do.

A. She must have wine with her meal, never beer (and always an SA bottle,- a slap in the face to our Vic vignerons).

B. She refuses to use the word CASTLE, preferring to pronounce it CARSTLE.

I could go on, suffice to say that it is becoming obvious to me that you can take the girl out of Adelaide, but you can never take Adelaide out of the girl :)

Why would you. :)

Latest posts