What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arghhh! Now I noticed SA border is closed. Im in QLD, thats 4 weeks quarantine before I get into the goldfields.

adem said:
Arghhh! Now I noticed SA border is closed. Im in QLD, thats 4 weeks quarantine before I get into the goldfields.
Sorry mate, I doubt you'll be able to even get to the goldfields this year.

madtuna said:
adem said:
Sorry mate, I doubt you'll be able to even get to the goldfields this year.

Yeah I know, but Im not closing the door just yet. Ill look into a bit more and see if theres any exceptions. I have no fixed address, living in a motorhome so youd think they would let me in to self isolate for 4 months out bush.

Not sure what they have planned Miss Goody.
I do know the FIFO are temp tested before boarding their planes, anyone with a sniffle at Garden Well is isolated and monitored and social distancing etc..etc.
Access to areas around communities is now very restricted as well.

How it will play out if a case is recorded at a mining camp is anyones guess.

Don't like the sound of you missing out on your fish and chip's and the Saturday night BBQ tho madtuna

Goody :D

Had a sleep in today only to find out pubs with bottle shops attached to the pub will close at midday as well. I drove to Dan Murphy's and it was chockers. I used the disabled parking spot -coz i have a permit. People walking around with masks on etc. Stocked up on wine for the Mrs. 7 bottles of Houghtons White Classic and 4 cartons of Great Northern cans for ME.
Time to relax now. :(

Jaros said:
Had a sleep in today only to find out pubs with bottle shops attached to the pub will close at midday as well. I drove to Dan Murphy's and it was chockers. I used the disabled parking spot -coz i have a permit. People walking around with masks on etc. Stocked up on wine for the Mrs. 7 bottles of Houghtons White Classic and 4 cartons of Great Northern cans for ME.
You should have got 2 weeks supply while you were there mate :lol: :Y: :beer:

Smoky bandit said:
Jaros said:
Had a sleep in today only to find out pubs and bottle shops attached to the pub will close at midday as well. I drove to Dan Murphy's and it was chockers. I used the disabled parking spot -coz i have a permit. People walking around with masks on etc. Stocked up on wine for the Mrs. 7 bottles of Houghtons White Classic and 4 cartons of Great Northern cans.
You should have got 2 weeks supply while you were there mate :lol: :Y: :beer:

Well at leased he's got enough for the beer batter,

Ok....continuing story. I have a wa license/address, so I rang the premiers office to see about exemptions for wa residents getting back by road. They have no idea about how there dealing with this yet, told me to call back Later (tomorrow?) when they may have more info, or try the immigration office.??

Don't know if the Mines will Goody... A mate just got a job in WA with BHP on their rail lines... They are fifo'ing him over from QLD, then he goes into lockdown for 14days paid, then works for 3 weeks straight, then flies back for a paid 14day lockdown... Happy days ahead for him and his crew... :playful: :lol: :lol: :money: :money: :money:

LW...

Washing down plenty of Ice cold beers and making some lump charcol for the new offset smoker.
I seem to forget about the world when I'm in my back yard.
1585982822_20200404_160922_copy_768x1580.jpg
1585982841_20200404_161025_copy_768x1580.jpg
1585982860_20200404_163447_copy_768x1580.jpg

The process should be complete in a few hours.
Or about 10 beers time :beer: :lol:

Latest posts