What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manpa said:
Now Dr Duck if you have the ol gut spasm and would like to settle it try this ol wives tale, take a teaspoon of sugar and dissolve it in about 1/2 inch of warm brandy in a tumbler and slowly sip it over an hour.

We use this as a bush remedy when travelling, if nothing else you will sleep a little better.

Does anyone else remember the old ABC current affairs show This Day Tonight?

Back in the early '70s I saw a story about the last bullocky - an old bloke who was still dragging logs out of a forest somewhere on the north coast.

Anyway, and relevant to Manpa' s suggestion, his remedy for most ailments was a tablespoon of kerosene and sugar.

I reckon you would have to be pretty crook to want to try that.

Doc my mum gave us sugar and kerosene whenever we had a sore throat or a sniffle.
The other remedy for a cold was, a hot lemon drink and two aspro, worked a treat although my Dad ex- Navy always had a flask of white rum and into bed for two days. Worked for him however, my remedy for a cold is Homemade Chicken Soup, cracker.
Mackka

DrDuck said:
Manpa said:
Now Dr Duck if you have the ol gut spasm and would like to settle it try this ol wives tale, take a teaspoon of sugar and dissolve it in about 1/2 inch of warm brandy in a tumbler and slowly sip it over an hour.

We use this as a bush remedy when travelling, if nothing else you will sleep a little better.

Does anyone else remember the old ABC current affairs show This Day Tonight?

Back in the early '70s I saw a story about the last bullocky - an old bloke who was still dragging logs out of a forest somewhere on the north coast.

Anyway, and relevant to Manpa' s suggestion, his remedy for most ailments was a tablespoon of kerosene and sugar.

I reckon you would have to be pretty crook to want to try that.

The band leader of the dance band I was in was the sound recordist for TDT and said Mike Willessee was a great bloke -even went Vietnam for a doco with him.

Got it wrong-easy to do.

TDT was hosted for the first eight years by journalist Bill Peach. The original on-air team consisted of executive producer Allan Martin, and producers Sam Lipski and Ken Chown in Sydney and Bill Pritchard in Melbourne.[1] The original reporters were 60 minutes, Gerald Stone Frank Bennett, Peter Luck, and Gordon Bick in Sydney; Gerald Lyons, Mike Crewdson and Brian King in Melbourne; and Eric Hunter in Canberra. Shortly after, Eric Hunter replaced Mike Crewdson in Melbourne and Mike Willesee became the program's first full-time political reporter.The fact that Melbourne reporters contributed to the programme with original material is often overlooked.[2][better source needed] Clive Hale hosted a South Australian version.[3

:argh:
Mackka said:
Doc my mum gave us sugar and kerosene whenever we had a sore throat or a sniffle.
The other remedy for a cold was, a hot lemon drink and two aspro, worked a treat although my Dad ex- Navy always had a flask of white rum and into bed for two days. Worked for him however, my remedy for a cold is Homemade Chicken Soup, cracker.
Mackka

Obviously you would think carefully before complaining to mum about a sore throat!

My Gran tried the kero and sugar on me as a kid but my teeth slammed shut.....No way that was going over the teeth and past the gums... :awful: :awful:

She did get the metho soaked tea towel pinned around my neck to clear a stuffed up nose though. :8 :8

Just finished reading a slightly ammusing..... Gold artical that's worth reading. .....The best part was the cat fight :lol: :Y:

Woke to the dulcet tones of builders hammering their hearts out across the road at 0630.
Who makes these local noise regulations up-must live on acreage properties and have double glazing etc. and a uni degree in tying ponytails in their hair -man buns etc.
Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!! :argh: :mad: :bomb:

Laughing at this...ahhh, the bad old days, what the?

1559255629_0e3dc945-2133-430f-b49d-7e265845d763.jpg

Latest posts