What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
Hey Schmokey I hope you got some potatoes in those coals mate. Charred on the outside and pure yummy inside. Just add butter. :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:
Hi Mackka not that time Mate i was just making some more charcoal for the son.
But there is some spuds and a chicken cross turkey on the coals today..Slow roasted for 6hrs :drooling: :drooling:

Setting up fire pumps and hoses, fire to the west of us does not look good, not a great deal of info at present, fair bit of smoke and small amount of ash. Just sit and wait to see how it all pans out. As ready as you can be in these circumstances. Hope for a wind drop, but not looking like that.

Good luck with the fire's 2la I'm the opposite just called NSW Traffic and Tumut police station to check road conditions through Cabramurra to Anglers Reach, just a prelim check at this stage it's open. Setting off at 4am tomorrow will have a brekky stop at Albury and get another update. The Snow fields will be a bumper for the season opening glad I'm not going through then. I'll down load the traffic web link to keep an eye on it while travelling. This trip has been postponed twice already due to work :N: it's a birthday fishing trip for Clancy who turned 16 last October :8 so I doubt I will survive if I don't have a crack this time :argh:

The big plume of smoke that had us worried seems to have gone, so I assume that the major fire is controlled, still have a lot of smoke, but it close to the ground, possibly still trees smouldering. Have put pumps away under cover but can access quickly of needed, hoses rolled up but ready.
RM I hope the fishing trip works out for you and for Clancy and you catch something extra good for the previous postponements you have had, hope that you will not be in a tent, anyways enjoy the time. :Y: :Y: :Y:

Graham

Goody, all seems to be ok at present, just put the spot lights on and no smoke visible in the lights, still has the smoke smell, nothing about it on the news or radio which seems to be normal in this area, son rang about 40 minutes ago to say that from where he lives about 5 kms away there was no smoke visible any more, so we assume that it is all over. Wind has died down also.

Graham

Thinking about my one and only today !
1559044012_screenshot_2019-05-28-12-21-42.jpg

:p

Looking at the satellite image of the cold front coming our way if it keeps on pushing up like it looks like it will may just have a snow day off tomorrow. Heres hoping.

Latest posts