What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StoneTheCrows said:
Hard Luck said:
I think everyone got sick of groups of teenagers walking into a greek cake shop and yelling out that they wanted a Kok. :lol: :8

Now that is funny
If I had that lot in front of me I couldn't stop

True that STC. It was all innocent at the start. Then as we got a bit older and the old man got the gist of why we were laughing our heads of he'd give us a clip around the ears or a boot up the backside. Lucky it wasn't a Kok around the ears or up the backside. :eek: :argh:

Doing a bit of gardening on a property up north and spotted this family perched up in the branches..
Tawny Frogmouths
1613098891_96831cab-0ba6-4087-8ef3-2ec4f11109a8.jpg

1613098892_59e2e5ce-a1be-45d0-b93f-16d6db60c45a.jpg

:perfect:

When we moved into our house near the Brisbane River we used to have a a Tawny Frogmouth visit us nightly on the railing of the front deck and Hoot, hoot hoot away for about an hour then disappear. This happened for many months but he must have got pissed off by the noise increasing due to roadworks in the area-we still miss him. :(

Right now contemplating doing an oil change with filter of course- do it twice yearly-just waiting for the oil to cool a bit after having 4 new ATR tyres fitted this morning.
I had a scar taken from the back drivers side door and rear qtr panel-accidentally done by the Mrs. in her haste to park at a shopping ctre. Bumper tech fee $319. I will add it was a damn good job as well.I have used them 3 times now-not one was my fault :mad: :( but what can you do so close to Valentines day.

limpalot said:
Just had a call, got to be in Narrandera at 7.30 tomorrow morning; leave Wodonga at 5.00. Hot mix back to Jerilderie and back to Wodonga. Nice Sunday morning drive.

I know the feeling I'm back in the saddle tomorrow 5am Melbourne Shepparton Melbourne home and it's going to be hot :( not to mention Sunday traffic 1st weekend after lockdown 8.(

Just finished for tonight servicing Mrs M's Mercedes Vito van. I'm not finished the service but I wanted to drop the oil and change the filter while it was hot. It sure was hot after passing through Yalgoo at 39C on the way home from Geraldton.

Before we left I decided to fit a tyre to the RH rear. While in Perth last time I spotted a big split on the inside and thought it might not even get us home. I didn't worry too much because I had a set of four, one in as a spare and three on wheels in the shed. Just before leaving for Geraldton I jacked it up and tried to change the wheel, luckily I did it at home because my set of four spares didn't fit. They looked the same but were actually VW van wheels with a different tread pattern. We've been travelling about for the last couple of years with a spare that wouldn't bolt on.

If you've ever had to change a tyre you'll know that half the battle if breaking the bead but a mini excavator does it nicely :) anyway now that we're home again I've got three more to change :/

24 / 7 caring for my Dad... Went from fully independent to totally bed ridden in a couple of days. Washing and feeding and all the things he did for me when I was a babe in arms.

Blood transfusion and heaps of tests and meds...

But I have had a week solid of talks and chatting and we know he fast approaching the boundary fence in the long paddock and while his body is shattered, his mind is still sharp.

Been great for both of us... So many great belly laughs.

Don't take family / friends for granted as they can be taken b4 you ever get to have that deep talk.

PS. 6 years ago Alzheimer's took my mum and 4 years ago she passed and never got to have that special talk and laugh; thus I am making the most of what time my Dad has left.

I've had one-which you learn from -fall and still don't know why and crush the dog kennel. Casey my GSP was not in the way thank god-he'll be in heaven somewhere by now as my 1st wife wouldn't let me have him back then.... :( O:)

Latest posts