What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banjo68 said:
Envy :argh:
Good on ya mate.
Hope ya found some. :goldpan: :goldnugget:
You just inspired me to do the same......
Because I can :playful:

Better get out while you can.... My " Crystal Balls" (they were crystal cause it was bloody cold) tell me, We all are in for a total lockdown. AGAIN ..

LW....

Right now I'm having a beer wishing I didn't smell of diesel, spent 6 & 1/2 hours getting this truck out of the :poop: Daughter and Son in-laws new block needed some gravel around the shed just one problem the old bridge beams weren't up to the task :argh:

Here's me giving a few instructions about 1 o'clock this arvo.
1596106860_img_20200730_205139.jpg

Around 3 o'clock we're closer to turning :poop: into :beer:
1596106942_img_20200730_205205.jpg

5 o'clock 'm steering it out of the :poop: and looking forward to a well earned :beer:
1596108128_img_20200730_212138.jpg

Had to dig out bridge beams to allow for cutting so I could get to the tap under the tank to isolate it only to find the tank had a tear at the weld :| Took 1 & 1/2 rolls of "Sellys Knead It" to finally get some fuel back in the tank and crank it up, lost 200 litres of fuel :( :argh: all good we cleaned it up :Y: when I first got the call asking if I had a jack :lol: :lol: at midday I said yeah I've got a few but I'll come and have a look first, one jack was plenty it was shovel, chainsaws, pinch bars, picks, spanners along with the Knead It that saved the day. At least I know where to find a tipper and backhoe for a day when I need one :) :Y: :beer:

RM Outback said:
Right now I'm having a beer wishing I didn't smell of diesel, spent 6 & 1/2 hours getting this truck out of the :poop: Daughter and Son in-laws new block needed some gravel around the shed just one problem the old bridge beams weren't up to the task :argh:

Here's me giving a few instructions about 1 o'clock this arvo.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1596106860_img_20200730_205139.jpg

Around 3 o'clock we're closer to turning :poop: into :beer:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1596106942_img_20200730_205205.jpg

5 o'clock 'm steering it out of the :poop: and looking forward to a well earned :beer:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7093/1596108128_img_20200730_212138.jpg

Had to dig out bridge beams to allow for cutting so I could get to the tap under the tank to isolate it only to find the tank had a tear at the weld :| Took 1 & 1/2 rolls of "Sellys Knead It" to finally get some fuel back in the tank and crank it up, lost 200 litres of fuel :( :argh: all good we cleaned it up :Y: when I first got the call asking if I had a jack :lol: :lol: at midday I said yeah I've got a few but I'll come and have a look first, one jack was plenty it was shovel, chainsaws, pinch bars, picks, spanners along with the Knead It that saved the day. At least I know where to find a tipper and backhoe for a day when I need one :) :Y: :beer:

Don't envy you RM Outback in a situation like that. :power:

Manpa said:
Glad it ended well, enjoy the beers!

All's well that ends well Manpa :perfect: very lucky no one was injured and the damage to the truck is minimal, worst of it is pride. The operator should have used a spotter as its the first truck to cross the bridge in about 30 years. As for the bridge even though it's going to cost it's better it happened now rather than a full cement mixer in 12 or 18 months when they start to build, more positives than negatives to be honest imo.

Just sat down, feet are sore and the rest of my body is tired and sore after the 8th solid day spreading clay. Had a few beers and a few games of pool when we knocked off. Managed to cart and spread around 45 tonnes today all with the 8x5 tipping trailer it was a really good day. The skid steer is getting picked up in the morning so no more progress until the week following next :(

1596280512_img_20200801_162548.jpg

1596280531_img_20200801_162607.jpg

3 more tipper and quad dogs of gravel yet to come in once the the the truck gets sorted, broke down last Wednesday :/ I'll grab another machine once I the trucks back in action.

Latest posts