What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moneybox said:
RM Outback said:
Redfin said:
Our fire hasn't been out for a month. ?

Ditto :Y: :beer: it's our only source of heating :fire: with a water jacket to heat the hot water system :) I love burning wood as an energy source :Y:

Yes it's hard to beat a good wood fire. We've been sitting around the campfire with a couple of friends keeping one side warm. When it came time to duck back into the bus it was a bit chilly so I pressed the remote start button on the newly installed diesel heater and now we're all toasty and enjoying a nice cup of tea while Mrs M washes the gold... :)

It's a bit hard but somebody has to do it ;)

Sounds perfect MB :perfect: all you need to do now is haunt the Op Shops for old woollen car seat covers to use on your camp chairs while sitting around the fire :fire: Warm them up at the fire drape them over your chair and and they'll keep the chill off your back :perfect: worth every cent :beer:

RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:
Out in the country. Just lit the indoor fire. Roast lamb in the oven. A few wines.
All good.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4748/1590824900_resized_20200530_1744441.jpg

Ah the good ol nectre :Y: we've got the mega nectre, is that a mega or Mk2 :beer:

Not sure RM. It was here when we came.

Hard Luck said:
RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:
Out in the country. Just lit the indoor fire. Roast lamb in the oven. A few wines.
All good.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4748/1590824900_resized_20200530_1744441.jpg

Ah the good ol nectre :Y: we've got the mega nectre, is that a mega or Mk2 :beer:

I had a closer look it's a Mega Nectre :Y:

RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:
RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:

I had a closer look it's a Mega Nectre :Y:

Yeah. Thanks. Sure pumps out some heat.

Smoky bandit said:
Planing a camping trip. Fishing or Hunting or digging dirt ,
Can't decide. :awful: :beer:

Here is the go , Smoky. Do it all.

Hunt early in the morning , then have breaky and a rest before doing a few hours of detecting ,have lunch ,then more detecting and then have a go at fishing later in the afternoon. Have some tea and head out after dark to do some spotlighting until you get sick of it and then sit around the camp fire chilling out and get a few hours rest before repeating the process the next day . Just a thought.

:perfect: :perfect: :perfect:

Reminds me of my childhood, camping with my father. Early morning hunt for a bunny or two, panning for gold during day and trying for a trout in the evening..

Sitting out the back under the pergola with a fire.
1590916403_resized_20200531_190818.jpg

Redfin said:
Smoky bandit said:
The Government wants to stop people digging up German gully but gives Rio tinto the all clear to distroy one of the oldest aboriginal sites. :N:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1590698625_20200529_064234_copy_1024x1505.jpg

That was signed off in 2013, not saying it is morally right, but legally done.

I thought it was a bit strange that it was signed off in 2013, the picture in Smoky's post is dated 2013. The blast occurred last Sunday 24th May 2020 and It has caused some distress.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/com...-of-ancient-pilbara-site-20200531-p54y4w.html

just starting said:
Smoky bandit said:
Planing a camping trip. Fishing or Hunting or digging dirt ,
Can't decide. :awful: :beer:

Here is the go , Smoky. Do it all.

Hunt early in the morning , then have breaky and a rest before doing a few hours of detecting ,have lunch ,then more detecting and then have a go at fishing later in the afternoon. Have some tea and head out after dark to do some spotlighting until you get sick of it and then sit around the camp fire chilling out and get a few hours rest before repeating the process the next day . Just a thought.

:perfect: :perfect: :perfect:
Sounds perfect mate.
But I'm in South East Queensland and where I hunt theres no fish or gold.
Where I prospect I can't hunt or fish.
And where I fish, yep you guessed it. :) :beer:

madtuna said:
Moneybox said:
RM Outback said:
Redfin said:
Our fire hasn't been out for a month. ?

Ditto :Y: :beer: it's our only source of heating :fire: with a water jacket to heat the hot water system :) I love burning wood as an energy source :Y:

Yes it's hard to beat a good wood fire. We've been sitting around the campfire with a couple of friends keeping one side warm. When it came time to duck back into the bus it was a bit chilly so I pressed the remote start button on the newly installed diesel heater and now we're all toasty and enjoying a nice cup of tea while Mrs M washes the gold... :)

It's a bit hard but somebody has to do it ;)
How do you find the diesel heater? I just bought one...waiting for it to arrive.

Really good value. I bought it after last winter but only just installed it the day before we took off. It took me all day because finding all the necessary bits and pieces in my shed is a bit of challenge. I bought the self contained device in the orange cover. It comes wit a 5L diesel tank but I ditched that and all the frame. I ended up just taking the main firebox out and fixed it through the bus floor, Tee'd the fuel pickup into the main fuel line that runs from the water trap to the vehicle fuel pickup pump. Then I just had to mount the tiny fuel filter and pump high up on the chassis (the pump can be noisy so keep it off the body). I made a Tee using brass bits and pieces and used a piece of 6mm plastic brake hose for the fuel line. The exhaust pipe heads straight down towards the ground. Then I just had to extend the wiring to the pump and the controller. It's a really nice little 3kw unit that warms us up in 10 minutes flat than backs off automatically to just a slight fan noise. I touch on the remote control starts it and one touch turns it off. :Y:

Cheers mate, I just got a normal unit as opposed to the self contained like yours.

Mine is for my room and will be mounted outside (under cover) with just the vent coming through the wall. I no longer have a dog to snuggle up with and the nights are getting a tad chilly.

Latest posts