Western Australia (WA) Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff said:
I remember being there this time last year- 2 weeks out of winter and it was 38c by 8:30!!! God knows how hot it was by 3pm in the creek bed with the rock radiating back at you? I didnt last long after that, getting hotter every week. Just stupefying heat. No air con in the old 4by, no trees for shade....had to bail and leave gold behind.
But Jesus, imagine the peak of summer! And theres active mines out there! People working through it. Open cut jobbies. :fire: :fire: :8 :( :poop: :skull:
Yep. It is hard. I used to work for Hammersly about 25 years ago. And shifts were 12 hour shifts, as usual in mining industry. :fire:

Summer dont start till next month

1573185869_9859c99b-d2c5-479d-904f-b78e83ccba3e.jpg

I'll take that every day of the week if the pay packet is equal to the weekly total (minimums + maximums added together) :) other than that you can have it :N: Nothing wrong with cold weather so long as the wind is blowing a gale, just as difficult as the hot weather. At least in the cooler weather you can get warm easier than trying to cool off in the extreme heat.

Great news shakergt!....we got about 10-15mls last night here in Shellharbour...the two fires south of us...Currawan and Jervis Bay would have gotten a bit of that lot as well...I'd say...The big one,west of us around Warragamba and Nattai I doubt whether they would have got much at all :poop: We sorely need some good rain eh!

We got 4mm which brings our total to 57mm for the year :(
Unfortunately it was in a wicked lightning storm and now I have 4 fires on the station that I know of.
Luckily most are in the spinifex so burn out reasonably quickly like this one...

8NZ1yI9.jpg

But there's one ripping through the mulga and spinifex not far from here that's a bit of a concern and has a decent front on it tonight. Hopefully it will hit a patch of nothing and fizzle.

Thanks Doug, have been looking at that site but a lot is not showing up on it.

Fire got to about 3klms away then the wind changed direction during the night :D
Have just been out with the local fire chief and the boys from the spy base. It burnt right up to their radar array and then right across to the salt lakes and onto Nambi station. It's now following the lake edge and across Nambi.

There is a smaller one still burning not far from the homestead up the north track but it's contained to the spinifex and should burn itself out.

Latest posts