Wanted to buy - Whites TDI Pro, Oz or US Model, doesn't matter

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls!
I am chasing a Whites TDI Pro Detector for my folks to use when we go detecting together!

Its important to me that I get them a tool that's reliable, not too expensive, but is also not a Gold Snoop. By that, I mean I'd rather them have something that gives them at least some kind of fighting chance to find something and yet can peak their interest and especially their imagination in this wonderful (and even sometimes rewarding!) but undeniably healthy hobby!

I don't want to get them something that is rubbish and fills their pockets with only large junk items while being useless on pieces of small gold...!
If that was the case, I'd make myself use the crap machine myself and give them my 5000 to use.

Thanks everyone!

If you could either PM or directly reply here I will contact you as soon as possible!

Davent,
What about a QED?

A QED? I saw those available for presale and I'll admit, while I'm curious and will definitely get one (I actually like Bugwhiskers... and even Doug!) However, its not going to be much good for my planned Bendigo Christmas detecting plan :)

Grubstake,

The Whites SPP is a cut down version of the TDI and doesn't have any adjustment for the Pulse delay that the normal TDI Pro has...
I don't really understand why they felt the need to remove it, considering you really need it if you want to use the detector in different environments unless it was part of some grand scheme to make the detector easier to use for beginners (by reducing the number of control options?)

The problem for me with the SPP is that without the Pulse Delay, I can't use the afterburner that Eric Foster built to boost the depth of the detector (they were originally designed for use with the Goldscan 5x, but will work just fine with the TDI which is pretty much the Goldscan 5x)

For those that don't know, the Afterburner is a device that was never officially released because it dramatically increases the power that goes to the coil WAY beyond legal limits (very nearly into the range of radio transmitters!)

Thankyou to all the people that responded to this! Considering I only put this request out today, I was surprised by the responses I've received!
I've found one I can pick up locally and so I'm no longer searching for one!

For anybody that might be interested in what I got and how much I got it for, you can pick over the loot vs the cost and decide for yourself if it was a mega deal or a mega bust! I'm confident it was a reasonable buy!

I got the TDI Pro Oz series, 2015 Model
Manual & Original Boxes
Bags, covers and aftermarket headphones
2 Coiltek 18" Coils, one Mono and One DD
1 Nuggetfinder 14x9 Elliptical Mono
1 x Standard coil thats supplied with the stock Oz machine
1 x Garrett Pinpointer
3 x Lithium Batteries
12v & 240v battery Chargers

Seller originally wanted $1000 for it and I got it for $900. He told me he couldn't detect any longer because of arthritis in his hips

I never realised how many people have these machines just laying about!

bytraper said:
Davent,
What about a QED?

A QED? I saw those available for presale and I'll admit, while I'm curious and will definitely get one (I actually like Bugwhiskers... and even Doug!) However, its not going to be much good for my planned Bendigo Christmas detecting plan :)

Grubstake,

The Whites SPP is a cut down version of the TDI and doesn't have any adjustment for the Pulse delay that the normal TDI Pro has...
I don't really understand why they felt the need to remove it, considering you really need it if you want to use the detector in different environments unless it was part of some grand scheme to make the detector easier to use for beginners (by reducing the number of control options?)

The problem for me with the SPP is that without the Pulse Delay, I can't use the afterburner that Eric Foster built to boost the depth of the detector (they were originally designed for use with the Goldscan 5x, but will work just fine with the TDI which is pretty much the Goldscan 5x)

For those that don't know, the Afterburner is a device that was never officially released because it dramatically increases the power that goes to the coil WAY beyond legal limits (very nearly into the range of radio transmitters!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Whites GMT Super Pulse was made for Africa, apparently it was not a success and so the remaining stock was renamed/rebranded SPP and distributed to certain dealers by the US Distributer that had them made in the first place.

The GMT Super Pulse sticker is still on the detectors under the SPP sticker.

Would be interested in how the "Afterburner" perform on the TDI Pro, I do know what it is but could never source one at the time back when it was talked about ~ I believe there is one in WA.

Thats an interesting fact about the SPP, I wasn't aware of that!

As for the Afterburners...There was only three made to my knowledge. Reg sniff has one, Jack Lange had one (which he sold, could that be the W.A one?) and I have the other.
It boosts the detecting depths to insane levels... but it can never be produced because its illegal. It can't even legally be used here and when they did the testing of them here I was told there were 6 and 7 feet holes being dug!
There were people lining up for them, who were prepared to take the risks. But the issue as told to me by the person I bought mine from was that people were concerned with huge holes being left unfilled and the legality of running the machine which is the reason this machine doesn't officially exist beyond people Eric Foster had absolute trust in.
Ive never tried it and wasnt paying the attention i should have been when it was being demonstrated to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts