Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a quick go late in the arvo before pack up to get some video. Earlier I had it in a different spot, sitting very firm and level on some rocks. I moved it to the sandy spot as I had concerns about the mess being created and going straight into the stream. It wasn't until I watched the vid it became really apparent the darker material travelling down one side. Some timber or the like under the legs will be the fix next time.

cheers mate

I've roughly knocked together a walbanker slightly skinnier and shorter as it's out of off cuts, to use at slaty creek this weekend. It's a bit rough around the edges as the one I had made neatly hasn't been welded yet. I haven't been able to find another bit of expanded metal for the boiler section any ideas on what else I could do to get me out of trouble? Cheers Pat

Huntsmahon said:
I've roughly knocked together a walbanker slightly skinnier and shorter as it's out of off cuts, to use at slaty creek this weekend. It's a bit rough around the edges as the one I had made neatly hasn't been welded yet. I haven't been able to find another bit of expanded metal for the boiler section any ideas on what else I could do to get me out of trouble? Cheers Pat

Hi mate , I had dramas sourcing the ally expanded sloping mesh so I got some steel stuff same profile pretty much and easy to find, it must have worked as all of the bigger gold was trapped under it and the finer stuff was no more than 6" down the mat all up ended up with 1/2 gram for our efforts in a few hours :D

nucopia said:
i have decided to replace my walbanker legs as the ones I had, were not strong enough to sustain the work load.
Replaced the cross section supports with with alluminum box 1x 4 and have drill the holes to take the PVC pipe.
Now i need to find alluminium pipe to weld into the cut holes to receive the PVC .. Its proving to be hard to find the right size pipe to do the job does any one have any ideas what I can use to brace the PVC pipe into to cut outs temporarily, so I can still use the legs on the banker with out the pipe ?

It can't hurt to have the legs a little sloppy inside the fittings for rocking, they shouldn't need to be tight.

On my early Goldzilla prototype that I made out of PVC, I re-inforced the inside of the Tubing with wooden broom handle.
It worked a treat, as the wood 'wick's up' the water & swells to a tight fit inside the tube.
It would also make it easier to attach some feet on the bottom to stop the legs sinking into the dirt

(Youtube - 'Goldzilla' 'Creswick' so see a vid of that machine,
I think I've got rebuild version 364722 right, but I still need to field-test it to find out all the other things I screwed up) :|

I've started on a Walbanker myself this week, so we'll see how that goes.

I've got most of the materials together, and I think I've found the right expanded stuff.

However, I think the station-master at Bacchus Marsh train station might get a bit pissed off
If I turn up with an angle-grinder & start cutting up the side's of the shelter's on the platform :8

So I might have to keep trying elsewhere for that..... :cool:

Bloody Great Work Wal & Liz! Great design - thanks for making this available!

I'm getting my walbanker made up and was wondering if this Ozito pump would work
1479452203_img_4184.jpg

Thanks all :)

Problem is you are restricting the amount of water.
Better PM me and I will explain it.
Don't use those two stroke 1 inch pumps.
Not much less for a 1.5 inch 4 stroke pump that
will more than meet your needs.
You will need on average 150 litres a minute to run your banker.
And that looks like a bloody nice build too. :) :)

Sure does it's about $14 for large and $6 for small. Probably not the same brand but the same thing, it's rubber backed.
Jon

Bayliss 60 x 90 Ultimat. Posts 884-886 in this thread. Bunnings don't stock the bayliss anymore it's another brand. Search for matting on ths site for info. Don't get hung up on getting a silver bullet there isn't one. That matting will work well it's inexpensive and will get you started, in the end you'll experiment and have a preference.
Jon

Latest posts