Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen that same photo on PA before Wally,... you might bump into another member on one of your hunts there,.. I recognise the parade ground and buildings from the other photo. :eek: ;) :D

So true Silver,

I looked and looked but couldn't find him ;) , might need to take a mirror next time. :lol:

Any idea what these things are, they look modular for adjusting their length or storing.

1440627849_image.jpg

Do they screw into an artillary round(firing bit maybe, thus the hole to let the burn into the main part of the round for ignition). :D

just looked again, yeah cant be mig tips as only one end would have thread so no way of joining to next one.lol derrr

Breath taking layout going on there for the 55 Wally,.... looks like the mad minute representation in lead(semi real),... sureal,... how bizzare, yet,...on a higher plane. :eek: :D

And then it happened, I reached an even higher plane :D even if is is a '47. :lol:

1442747878_image.jpg

A run of Holey coins gave me cause for some anxious cleaning but both turned out to be 1927s. The start of a trench art penny ring and a Palestine 20 Mils coin.

So the artistic theme continues, a horse shoe for good luck, and some sweet silvers. :)

Give me a 47 florin any day, a lot more desirable than a crusty roo penny, though Ramjet seems to be the king of 1947's lately. ;)

Nice to see so much silver wally ;) ,... even nicer to see two bob sitting there as well. :D

All the photos of nuggets being found had me in a fever so I grabbed the 705 and headed back to one of my local spots to get a fix.

Very happy to find a 98yo coat of arms shilling and an officers rank insignia badge. Shame it is all busted up but I enjoyed researching it.

Add a bit of 925 bling and some coffee money and the fever has settled enough to pack for my trip out to Nerrigundah to find some real gold. :p

1443263328_image.jpg

Good onya Wally,... have fun, hope you end up with something to bragg about. :D