Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go Sandta ;) ;)

1446027181_image.jpg

1446027227_image.jpg

And one for Karen and Heatho - everyone wants a Pink Cadillac ;)

Like gold detecting Karen, one day you will just seem to walk over something special, the shoalhaven and inland towns are bursting with history and will be hiding some special goodies for you somewhere.

I like the back corners or sides of parks where old trees are or circular patches of different coloured grass indicating a tree was once there. A depression in a slope can indicate an old path or walkway to an old entrance. If that fails, monkey bars in a park beside the road are irresistible to dads showing off their upsidedown athletic skills and will subsidises a coffee to ponder the next area to attack.

1446027897_image.jpg

Mackka said:
That's a beauty Wally and in VG nick. It that from the Nowra area?
Cheers
Mackka

It is from near the Lake Macquarie flying boat base.

Very happy with it :D I have been to that location half a dozen times looking for one. It is missing the crown on top but is in great condition for its age.

It seems like a long time since I had the 705 out and the opportunity presented itself last night when I needed to pick up my eldest boy from an event at a local beach.

With half an hour to spare I wasn't expecting any more than a streach of the legs. I have been to this beach before and it must rate as one of the most junk-less beach in Australia. Not sure who's patch it is but they definitely work it until there is no more to give.

My first and only target in 10 minutes was a good foot down and the 705 was chirping ringpull, ringpull, ringpull.....

Anyway, it is the best white gold and diamond ringpull I have found so far :D

1447735100_image.jpg

Geez mate, very nice find that one, happy dance all over the beach I bet. :)

Hmm ok now I'm extremely keen to start hitting the beaches again. Hate the bloody sand though but treasure like that is worth it. Was it near the water or in the dry stuff?

High and dry on a sand spit that goes under in a storm. Knew I had a good one as it sparkled the second it came out of the hole.

Fits the Mrs perfectly, :eek: , so i will need to find a bigger, uglier one to support the detector upgrade slush fund. :lol: :D :lol:

I am thinking a GPZ would be a welcome addition to my family ........... but then reality sets in, the Mrs has said no more children.

But accidents do happen regardless of precautions. ;)

I have been known to slip over a credit card machine before, darn things are sensitive to a misplaced tap of your card thesedays.

Latest posts