WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of flesh eating critters living down there grub.

The desert is a place of opportunity at others expense.

I can not believe there is only scant information, these people went missing close to Easter when many people would have been travelling around the area, no one is calling the public to respond with anything or anyone they may have seen during this time. Some information might prompt someone to say, hey we saw this or that. I bet months down the track they start asking when we have all forgotten what we saw. They must know if his injuries were from a fall or from before he went into the shaft. Ie foul play. Or is it too early. It doesn't even say how close to their camp he was found. Frustrating.

My oh my ,,,, A line of enquiry by police means no news for anyone ,, you only get fed what police media allow the public know ,, and when they finish thier inquiries and get no answers they may ask the public for help ,,, pretty std policing Australia wide ,,,

Im more than sure police had a idea at the time when the body was found and kept that quite for a reason ,, then the search gets called off ,, then body is id , while all this was happening police were looking into other lines of enquiry ,,

Sad news for the family ,

My sympathies to family and friends that might be viewing this thread.
Guys, I'm sure there is a reason behind what the 'fuzz' are up to, undoubtedly there is something going on we may not know and may never know, there could be a hundred reasons why they're not releasing or asking for info.

so sad to hear the news of a lost prospector, the loss of someones loved one, the part of a friendship missing. for as long as you have their smile in your mind and the love kept close to your heart they will forever be with you.

I hope the family get answers they need and that it brings, for lack of a better term some sort of closure

thedigger said:
I find it strange that he was reduced to a skeleton in that short of time

Regards Frank

I think we all do Frank , we just have to wait for the reason why as time goes by.

Just a horrible story for a couple living the dream and what was to be a special time has turned so drastically bad.

The body was decomposed, I'm not sure to what degree but if they couldn't tell who it was then it must of been badly decomposed. I'm not sure that this man had clothes on because if he did they would have known it was him straight away. Clothes don't decompose In a few weeks.

thedigger said:
I find it strange that he was reduced to a skeleton in that short of time

Regards Frank

I don't find it strange anymore. I certainly don't want to link to any graphic content here and you can do the research for yourself on youtube and the likes but it appears 7 days has been observed in time lapse tests to be more than sufficient time frame to be reduced to a bare skeleton and he wasn't found for 17 days! It's possible that even with clothing to identify him the authorities may have not wanted to jump to conclusions. Would explain their reluctance to confirm an identity right away and a wise move. You want to be 110% sure before notifying loved ones. Forensics made that confirmation shortly after and probably notified the family well before the news came out to us.

kawman said:
The report may have been wrong... It was said on channel 7 news late yesterday that both had been found ... It was a very brief statement.. :)
Yep said same thing on ABC last night about tea time. Dunno if it was a mistake, or wrong info, but that's what they said.

Latest posts