WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At bowling alley at Nundle I came across an open shaft (no fence)about a meter sq. Another point if out by oneself, tell someone of your plans ok. Then if you change them when out there ,we should always write our changes on a piece of paper &leave in the car. When we had our property in C. Qld. I was home by myself &had an accident when galloping my horse,he put his front leg into a hidden hole,I finished with a dislocated collarbone,2 miles from the landrover(the horse ran away) &the landrover was 4 miles from the house. I had told my young brother who was away that I was going into another paddock. I made it a rule after that,if we changed our plan always leave a note in the landrover.

Thanks Meta,
We had a similar episode down here on Mt Dromedary. Bloke went missing and after 2 weeks of searching he was not found and there are some freaking deep shafts up there.
It was then reported that he was in Tasmania sucking down grog and laughing.
Turned out it was a hoax and the look alike was pretty pissed off that he got nailed.
Bad things are afoot here and I can not help thinking for the family's and people involved.
I also like your theory on the caves. I have learn,t from previous experience that if not found within two days. It is going to be bad.
Biggest thing I seen was the little boy lost in Victoria found after 5 Day's.
He is here for a reason.

Trouble is if you killed the dog they would know it is foul play,wouldn't you think the dog would go with them, i am worried that with a body of in a shaft nearby i would be scared
A tracker could have probably solved this a long time ago i dont think we have any aboriginal trackers now they were a fantastic asset at one time
We still dont know the facts yet so its all a bit speculative

The last Aboriginal police tracker resides in QLD. It is sad their unique tracking skills will soon be lost altogether. They really should have flown him in while the trail was fresh. Too late for if's and but's now though. Be nice to see some facts. My girlfriend has barred me from returning to WA after this incident.

Very sad news... and he must not have had anything on him to identify him. No clothing, metal detector or GPS or it'd have roused suspicions earlier on in the discovery. I still hang on hope they will find Mrs Kehlet soon. My thoughts go out to the family.

Im also surprised this isnt a major news story , the fact that things such as this can go unreported only encourages lawless psychopaths that the outback is an un policable neverland and they are untouchable.

Bit of a sting that news. Hard to know what to think. Pretty grisly.
Every story that ends like this leaves you reeling.
I feel for the family, absolutely tragic. Lost and missing to deceased and under such circumstances is hard to read as an outsider. I hope for some peace for them.
I can't help but echo why this sort of thing isn't leading the news. Take care of yourselves of there, definitely makes you think through things a little differently.
Thanks to the guys here driving the updates.

Latest posts