WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are risks in all aspects of life but it always seems worse when bad things happen when your doing what you love.
I hope it has a happy outcome.

They had a lot of rain in that area,they might be bogged.
We have a yagi aerial which will go up 5 mts,that will give us contact up 65 kms.

Regards Frank

Two cars and quad bike/trailers and tents and food and water - All good.

2 people missing - Ouch....

One got into trouble and the other went to help and ..........

I sure hope it is all OK, but not sounding good.

I wonder if they had a GPZ and if it is possible to reverse search the GPS pings.

Are there any minelab gurus that can desktop search for them?

It is very easy to get lost out there. It just doesn't seem right though ? I like us all hope it ends well.

Wally69 said:
I wonder if they had a GPZ and if it is possible to reverse search the GPS pings.
Are there any minelab gurus that can desktop search for them?

There's no such thing as a "GPS ping". GPS is a one-way technology, like a non-smart TV set or an AM/FM radio receiver. GPS receivers just listen to the signals from the GPS satellites, they don't talk back to them.

i was hoping to hear by the time i got back after the weekend away that they were found alive and happy, enjoying a beer after finding a 100oz nugget, no one heard anything at all?

I have a bad feeling about this guys.

An experienced bushman (as the family say) knows how to alert such a large search party in the air and on the land, to their location without a PLB.

2 weeks with no sign is worrying, and a death sentence with no water.

I really hope Im wrong, and are certainly still hoping!

The Land of no second chance (Slim Dusty).

jamie said:
i was hoping to hear by the time i got back after the weekend away that they were found alive and happy, enjoying a beer after finding a 100oz nugget, no one heard anything at all?

These are the only new parts in this morning's report:
"A helicopter is being used along with Police, State Emergency Service (SES) personnel, Shire workers and residents. The search area has been expanded with further Police and SES personnel being sent from Geraldton to assist with the search."

Meta, unfortunately i have the same feeling mate but really hope i am wrong too.

Grubstake, thank you for that, lets hope the extra personnel can speed up a happy outcome

What I dont understand is they appeared pretty well equipped , and they must have researched the area to try ... and in doing that research surely the need for a gps would have come up during that. Also if they ventured far why was the quad bike close to camp. Would also think dead or alive some trace would be found by now. Just wondering if foul play is perhaps involved.

Watching this one with interest and sadness it seems , most of us have probably contemplated a trip like that to WA and does bring it home a bit. Channel 9 news this morning seemed to make the point a couple of times that Police have not ruled out foul play , probably a bit of media beat up. So many ways it can happen though , some may be aware of the recent one we had in the SA outback via Coober Pedy , lad got bogged 60 Klms from town, was getting branches to stuff under wheels and was bitten by snake, only able to write it in a letter which was found in his ute , PLB may or may not have saved him but at least it would have not taken months to find him , fingers crossed for these two

Latest posts