WA prospector death and missing wife. The Raymond & Jennie Kehlet mystery.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bushy marks his path, with log, branches, rocks pile up.
you know what I am saying here,
But a chain to mark your path?
As most know, you chain when your mopping up your patch.
A Garrett for a detector, WA is minelab area.
I hope they have checked the speedometer on the car and bike.
for the Distance they have travelled?
Exp the bikes spedo, and its history relevant to the time period.

The public is receiving a lot of misinformation. First the body down the shaft is not that of Raymond Kehlet, then it is, then a brief news report mistakenly mentions both prospectors found before being retracted. I'm guessing the chain and rope were used to mark where he'd been with the detector and not for navigating to and from camp. Probably a misinterpretation of information. Perhaps there's no evidence of criminality available to the public?

Cheese said:
A bushy marks his path, with log, branches, rocks pile up.
you know what I am saying here,
But a chain to mark your path?
As most know, you chain when your mopping up your patch.
A Garrett for a detector, WA is minelab area.
I hope they have checked the speedometer on the car and bike.
for the Distance they have travelled?
Exp the bikes spedo, and its history relevant to the time period.
Cheese,
they are good points you make but it is a known fact that they were relativley new to prospecting but very experienced campers. How will the speedos tell them anything unless they knew what the odometer reading were before the event...very unlikely I'm afraid. At the end of the day something terrible has happened and I hope for the families sake all the facts are found out sooner rather than later.

Sometimes people reset the speedometer, exp in the bush.
and another 1 is if a family member used the bike before the trip, then they
might have looked at the speedo.
another 1 is when in the bush ya fill the bike up full of petrol,
then measure the tank.
Just ideas.

mfdes said:
According to the ABC news article that came out yesterday (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-05/kehlet-missing-prospector-search-expanded/6446804), "At the same time, the Major Crime Squad will continue its investigations into Mr Kehlet's death and Ms Kehlet's disappearance.". So why are they also saying publicly that "there was no evidence of any criminality in the case"

Its my guess the wife is the main suspect and police are on her trail, not wanting to alert her to fact that she is a suspect in any media reports........ in the hope she will relax and make a slip-up.

This may not be the case, however Police can not rule out the fact she may still be alive seeing they have not recovered her body yet. She would not have strayed that far from her husband in a prospecting scenario would she?
Especially being inexperienced.

A likely event could well be that she and her new lover wanted hubby out of the picture and Police can not rule this out until she is found?

Again, just an opinion on a possibility, and i am in no way suggesting these are the facts so no disrespect.

Body found, but no prospecting equipment nearby??? Someone has removed it.

Regards

Metamorphic said:
mfdes said:
According to the ABC news article that came out yesterday (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-05/kehlet-missing-prospector-search-expanded/6446804), "At the same time, the Major Crime Squad will continue its investigations into Mr Kehlet's death and Ms Kehlet's disappearance.". So why are they also saying publicly that "there was no evidence of any criminality in the case"

Its my guess the wife is the main suspect and police are on her trail, not wanting to alert her to fact that she is a suspect in any media reports........ in the hope she will relax and make a slip-up.

This may not be the case, however Police can not rule out the fact she may still be alive seeing they have not recovered her body yet. She would not have strayed that far from her husband in a prospecting scenario would she?
Especially being inexperienced.

A likely event could well be that she and her new lover wanted hubby out of the picture and Police can not rule this out until she is found?

Again, just an opinion on a possibility, and i am in no way suggesting these are the facts so no disrespect.

Body found, but no prospecting equipment nearby??? Someone has removed it.

Regards

Well I wasn't going to suggest this scenario but I was certainly thinking of it for sure, its foul play for sure.
But I could be wrong though.
Brad

Hi All,

Did anyone actually see Raymond just before they went prospecting??
And why was the dog in town?
Surely it would have stayed at camp?
My thoughts were the dog got off in town, which wasn't a part of the plan, and whoever was responsible for this had to bolt quickly, leaving loose ends back at camp.

I hope they get to the bottom of it.

GD

Police found the couple's campsite all set up with two vehicles, and plenty of food and water.
There was also a four-wheel drive quad bike found in close proximity to the campsite.
Police said they were alerted to the fact the couple were missing when their dog was spotted in town.

2 Vehicles and an ATV.
why so many vehicles when there was only 2 of them
Frik 1 car and an Atv is enough.
only paw prints around the camp?
If they were there, they would be a lot of scuff marks and indicators
as to confirm there movements that they were acualy at there camp site.

A loaded gun in the vehicle?
Keys in vehicles?
A convenient mine shaft.
This looks a set up.
Did they use the bike?
I would be thinking that the ATV would have been full when they got there.
as thats what most of us would do is to fill the thing up.
what was the lvl of petroleum in the tank?
as this shows in that it was used, for one of the 1st things people do is look around the area.
A badly decomposed body down a shaft after 2 weeks?
I would ask if Mr Kehlet was seen alive in that area at any time?
or was he taken there already dead then some one dropped the dog of in sandstone?
For whats the dog doing in sandstone at a distance of 25km,
the dog would have stayed near his master?
For When things dont look right?

Cheese I can answer some of your questions. We went away and took one vehicle towing our van and one towing the quads, hence two vehicles. The dog turned up in Sandstone with blistered feet, and was really hungry. I don't know about the fuel in the tanks but we left nearly everything they left at our our camp and rode our quads not too much further than they apparently did to detect about. Apparently a person was detecting in the same area as them or with them, I'm not sure, only a few days before the dog arrived in town. In an early report I think they said he had a good Alibi, and a reporter from 6pr radio said a couple of weeks ago that he couldn't find out the name of that person and apart from that I haven't heard this person mentioned again. It had rained quite a bit out there during that time so maybe the dog went back to the camp after the rain, hence his were the only footprints. According to most reports the area they were in was fairly clear and some say, the wife probably shouldn't have got lost. I don't believe for a minute after seeing her children that she has done this. I just wish we could see satellite images like those on Tomnod to help find if there were more vehicles there at the time. What I don't understand is where is Raymond's shirt?? His kids say he would never not wear one.

(A dog with blistered feet),
"The only time I have ever seen a dog with say blistered feet, is when there being pushed, like chasing a vehicle".
If the mutt trotted to Sandstone he would look after his paws, Exp if he had water to drink along the way.
I wonder who,s Dna is on the loaded gun in the vehicle as they had to load it, then the shell will hold a good sample?
Same with the keys.
The way I see it, You have to have a big reason for a shell in the breach?
If mr Kehlets Dna is the only dna on the shell then he would have had that gun in his hand, if danger was approaching.
I can see now why the police do not find it suspicious.

Latest posts