Video method used gopro etc ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry Buddy, I'm a bit slow in me old age...I dont quite understand.... are you asking a technical question?

Lemme have a shot at this ...... Are you asking what editing program people are using for their footage?

(I hope that's what he was asking, coz if not, then I got nothing.) :D

Probs Hi Def or slightly lower. ... but I wouldn't know. :D

We mostly use the iphone but we do have a gopro hero-4 and a cheap chinese copy that seems ok. The problem is that by the time you've worked out you've found something worth filming all the digging is done :)

The last video we put up was done on the gopro but the resolution is set too high so it took too long to load up. We don't need that sort of film quality so I'll be adjusting that when I get a chance to look at it.

Always shoot in the highest resolution possible.
Then use a free open source program called "handbrake" to reduce the file size. You get reduce to 1/4 of the original without losing quality.

Sorry if bit vague what I am asking is who uses a go pro or similar action camera to film their finds and what sort of results you get.

Ground: Go Pro Hero 5 @ 1080P and 50fps.

Aerial: DJi Mavic Pro @ 1080p and 50fps

Gives you nice quality with a decent frame rate.

I use Adobe Premiere, After Effects for editing.

I used GoPro plenty when I was racing motocross a couple years back.
Never skipped a beat, always took a knocking, and quality was always second to none.
Always impressed.

The session wasn't bad either, but the Hero allows higher frame rates, and the LCD screen helps line up shots if needed.

I used to use a contour HD. I bought it back when I was jumping out of planes because they sat flat against your helmet and wouldnt rip your head off like the GoPro wanted to.
The picture quality was a bit better than the GoPro but the GoPro has certainly improved and dominates the market now.
Sort of vhs vs beta.

If buying now GoPro would be the choice.

Oh, and when it comes to accessories and after market add on, the GoPro has the largest range and easiest access.
Makes it convenient if you are ever looking for a particular type of attachment etc.
It is also simple as pie to use. Press one button to record, one button to stop. No need to power on and off, it does that automatically.
GoPro also has there own editing software that is for free, it is very basic, but simple for beginners.

For in field filming, some use a clip on attachment, like a paper clamp. Others use foldup tripods. Or chest mounts, or pole mounts, which can go on most detector shafts.

Good luck and don't forget to get a spare battery and memory card, always handy, and cheap enough.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Oh, and when it comes to accessories and after market add on, the GoPro has the largest range and easiest access.
Makes it convenient if you are ever looking for a particular type of attachment etc.
It is also simple as pie to use. Press one button to record, one button to stop. No need to power on and off, it does that automatically.
GoPro also has there own editing software that is for free, it is very basic, but simple for beginners.

For in field filming, some use a clip on attachment, like a paper clamp. Others use foldup tripods. Or chest mounts, or pole mounts, which can go on most detector shafts.

Good luck and don't forget to get a spare battery and memory card, always handy, and cheap enough.

GoPro's bubble may have burst, they are on a very fast downhill run with their foot seemingly on the accelerator, this may help to explain it ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4fHeiqtGOA&t=551s

I don't care too much for the business side of GoPro really.

I'm just about using the camera and what works well.

Who knows what brand we will be using in 10 years from now.

But that's then, this is now.