gpx6000 detector going great

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We bought the gpx6000 minelab detector brand new a few weeks ago and it going great, found a couple of patches of small stuff so far and plenty of scattered bits.

This is the start of another little patch today, 12 bits so far and hope it keeps going. Might just have to grid this a bit with a chain I think.

350377774_1407217340132868_3051225642121573869_n.jpg

cheers dave

haha, yes, and I know where you got yours from 👌
davsgold, can I ask you one question, kind of off topic, but I originally had a 36” inch handle but just yesterday with a handsaw I cut the handle off of my pick to 24” inches, now it feels too short (I may just have to get use to it), I feel I should have cut it off to 30” inches instead. May I ask what is the length of your pick handle.?? (I live in a modern metric society but I still think in inches and ‘not’ in cm because I did graduate from high school in the 1970’s and I’m still stuck in the 70’s 🤣😂.)

Last edited:
davsgold, can I ask you one question, kind of off topic, but I originally had a 36” inch handle but just yesterday with a handsaw I cut the handle off of my pick to 24” inches, now it feels too short (I may just have to get use to it), I feel I should have cut it off to 30” inches instead. May I ask what is the length of your pick handle.?? (I live in a modern metric society but I still think in inches and ‘not’ in cm because I did graduate from high school in the 1970’s and I’m still stuck in the 70’s 🤣😂.)
Deano, The pick handle I have used since the 80's is (350mm) 14". Carry it on harness on my chest. Leaves me a free hand. 99% of holes dug are only 50mm deep so why lug around a long handle balancing on your shoulder.
***Any deep signals I leave for someone else. 🤣😂***

G'day Deano

The handle I use in my pick is 700mm long (27.5 inches) aprox it is spotted gum and I buy them from Mitre10

I cut 50mm (2") off the end with the lumpy part (that goes into to sledge hammer) and sand it down to fit the pipe fitting in the pick head

20220920_094202.jpg

1689812229423.png
cheers dave

Last edited:

Latest posts