Victorian prospector unearths 145-ounce gold nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GaryO said:
Just wonder why Minelab is always involved when something big has been found ?

Because most of the detectors that have been used to find decent nuggets in the recent past are Minelabs?
If I was Minelab I'd be very happy to pay the prospector to advertise the fact for me, and if I was the lucky bugger, I'd be very happy to take Minelab's money to tell people what I found it with.

This was the golden triangle this morning after news of the latest big assss nugget.

I have it on good faith that these images were taken by drones, possibly ramjets. ?
Notice how they all wave for the drone.

(Please note all truth to story may in fact be fabricated for school holidays fast approaching. Lol)

1472110947_image.jpeg

Baaahaaa :D :eek:

Hell of a nice find, but I don't believe it has just been found.

If you look at the photo of the dirty nugget straight out of the ground, it is dusty dry, as is the ground under it, which looks to me to be a recently cut down oats crop.

All of the nuggets I am digging recently come out of the ground muddy and damp, and the surface of the ground is green as, even in fields that were cropped last summer ( per my latest YouTube video ) !

I'm tipping this was found near the end of summer, before our wet autumn / winter.

Rick

Araratgold said:
Hell of a nice find, but I don't believe it has just been found.

If you look at the photo of the dirty nugget straight out of the ground, it is dusty dry, as is the ground under it, which looks to me to be a recently cut down oats crop.

All of the nuggets I am digging recently come out of the ground muddy and damp, and the surface of the ground is green as, even in fields that were cropped last summer ( per my latest YouTube video ) !

I'm tipping this was found near the end of summer, before our wet autumn / winter.

Rick

Agree with what you are saying, i think the main reason the media just got hold of this story is due to the fact the nugget is up for sale.
Minelab will use this to advantage to increase sales, though its very hard to find gold and very few will ever find a nugget like this.
Especially the hoards of newbies that will take up detecting in the coming weeks. 8.(

Exactly, that's why you tell NO ONE what you found.. :rolleyes: .. take the nugget to a Trusted Agent to sell..... Wont be long before the World will know who he is.... But great find anyhow....

The Blond next to the topless woman is nice too.... :lol:

LoneWolf....

LoneWolf said:
Exactly, that's why you tell NO ONE what you found.. :rolleyes: .. take the nugget to a Trusted Agent to sell..... Wont be long before the World will know who he is.... But great find anyhow....

The Blond next to the topless woman is nice too.... :lol:

LoneWolf....

Lol is this now the most scrutinised pic on PA? :p .....bahahaha!!!!!!!

I think we all need a bit of his luck good on him it's what we are all looking for .That dream nugget?

Just got a message from my mate in Bendigo, reckons same bloke also found 2 others, size of golf balls, 2 ft deep.

I don't see any luck at all... I see a vision , a plan, and a lot of hard work :)
At 30cm a Gpx, or a number of other detectors would have picked it up too.

I also see the potential for a lot of hardly used second hand detectors on the market soon, as new prospectors realise that it's all too much hard work, and sell their new Zed quick smart :)

AAAAAHHHhhhhhhhhhhh!!! It give us all hope whether it was real or not. Just goes to show that there are big suckers still out there for the finding. My hunt starts in about another 5 weeks. Cant wait.

Latest posts