Victorian prospector unearths 145-ounce gold nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Story seems to be doing the rounds.

http://www.coinworld.com/news/preci...alian-gold-hunter-finds-145-ounce-nugget.html

gold-weight-cleaned.jpg

gold-hand.jpg

Jaros said:
I'm not cynical at all......but they always find these just before a school holiday period(16th Sept) and have a big pic of the detector brand used-hmmmmmmm???
If true-great work.
Jaros :/

And just before next Easter another 'nugget' (same one but photo taken from the opposite side) will be found, just in time for Minelab's package deal promotion.......hmmmm, now whos being cynical? :eek: lol

Besides, nice surprise to the lucky finder.

Jaros said:
I'm not cynical at all......but they always find these just before a school holiday period(16th Sept) and have a big pic of the detector brand used-hmmmmmmm???
If true-great work.

I'm not cynical at all......but cynical comments always seem to crop up out of the woodwork whenever a large find is made. Hmmmmm... Jealousy?
It'ss three weeks till the next holiday period. Think about the percentage of the year that is within a month of a designated holiday (Xmas, Easter, one of the several school holidays), and you end up with a big chunk of the year.

mfdes said:
Jaros said:
If true-great work.

I'm not cynical at all......but cynical comments always seem to crop up out of the woodwork whenever a large find is made. Hmmmmm... Jealousy?
It'ss three weeks till the next holiday period. Think about the percentage of the year that is within a month of a designated holiday (Xmas, Easter, one of the several school holidays), and you end up with a big chunk of the year.

Very jealous....who wouldnt be :p

That would pay my medical bills and allow me to put a deposit for my Dad's place in the aged care home.

Then I would have time to get out and enjoy a bit of free time...

Am I a bit suss always... As to where it was found ???

But bet your bottom dollar a few MD shops will make a bit in increased sales of gear...

Latest posts