Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate the town I recommend is Maryborough. It is a big enough town for your needs with 4 Supermarkets, Kmart, Target, Pubs and clubs and all the take away joints that you want. But it is not to big that it is over powering. We only have two sets of traffic light in the whole town. It is about 65km from either Ballarat or Bendigo. Also all the goldfield you want right outside your door. Rent is cheap as well, but that depends on what you want. We have it all here. Employment here though is not to hot. But if you are willing to do anything then you will be fine.
wombat ;)

I love bendigo. City living in the country, but I will say this, the lifestyle really isn't on the cheap side and good solid dependable jobs can be a bit tough.
But every place is what you make of it, there's cheaper places in town and there are jobs for the willing. If it were up to me I would go back tomorrow. Good family city I found.

bushpig said:
Thanks lads appreciate all the help looking like Ballarat at the moment missus likes the look of one of the Schools. Bbq at mine one day

Ballarat is a decent place & has pretty much everything here, well apart from decent weather although its getting better.
Like any town, some area's are better than others when it comes to crime etc, so worth doing some research, car thefts are up at the moment, although if your wife likes one of the schools then thats the area you would have to live in.
Unlike Maryborough, Ballarat has a heap of traffic lights & traffic everywhere, I'm pretty sure Ballarat has a well above average amount of idiot drivers, really, some people just have no idea,haha.
Some close by places like Miners Rest & Bunninyong might be worth a look as well.

bushpig said:
Thanks lads appreciate all the help looking like Ballarat at the moment missus likes the look of one of the Schools. Bbq at mine one day

Hey Mate Maryborough has great schools here. We even have a school complex that cost over $30 Million to build only a few years ago. It is right across from my place. It takes kids of all ages. From Preps to year 12.
wombat ;)

Latest posts