Vic Prospecting Restrictions Lifted, whos getting out?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm already here, just need to drive down the road 5 minutes. Was going to go out this morning but a good bit of rain overnight stopped that plan. Will re-evaluate after lunch.
So she'd day, might service the chainsaws.

Geez it was good to be back out there today, even if it was limited to 30k from home.(TAS). I was like a kid at the show, didn't know what I wanted to do first so I spent 3 hours panning, 3 gold detecting and finished off with a couple of hours relic hunting. Think I may have lost a bit of match fitness during the lockdown cos I'm feeling it now but a couple of coffees in the morning and I should be good to go again!

Hey all glad to hear you're back into it. RM, we havent had a lot of rain up here today. The rocks I piled up were in an area burnt by bushfires back before Xmas. The DELWP had only just opened it up on Labour day weekend Just before wuhan flu hit. The wattle was starting to come back then, So Im hoping the scrub isnt too thick again by now.
Im sure my neighbor's are sick of me smashing rocks in the backyard :argh: , its time to put the hammer mill back in the ute and take it with me.

Dave79 said:
Geez it was good to be back out there today, even if it was limited to 30k from home.(TAS). I was like a kid at the show, didn't know what I wanted to do first so I spent 3 hours panning, 3 gold detecting and finished off with a couple of hours relic hunting. Think I may have lost a bit of match fitness during the lockdown cos I'm feeling it now but a couple of coffees in the morning and I should be good to go again!
Dave I know what you mean. Id like to fit in a short deer hunt as well and the wood supply is getting down so a few logs wouldnt go astray either. :(

Went out for a few hours in perfect sunshine 5 pieces in all.
1589363687_20200513_190456_resized.jpg

Just small ones but still gold. :D

I have pizzas on the menu this weekend for one of the kids birthdays.
That's more important (to me) than going out to dig junk out of the ground.
Maybe the weekend after.

Hope you all find your retirement junk. ;) :Y: :power:

kiwifred said:
Went for a drive down to Slaty Creek yesterday.... and by the look of it, so did half of Ballarat. People everywhere...

I know a bloke who's planning on visiting this weekend :( :lol: I'll try and get hold of him and let him know to get in early. Mind you it stands to reason everywhere will be busy, this weekend especially given the weather :Y: absolutely perfect :perfect: I was going to give the boat a run this weekend until I found out it's my grandsons 5th birthday next Monday and he wants to ride his peewee 50 in the paddock on Saturday plus he wants a fire to cook marshmellows, so the boat can stay dry for another week. Planning to detect from mid week Wednesday to Friday if I can tie up a few loose ends before then, really keen to find some small gold and grab some dirt to bring home for the really cold days :)

I'm just happy knowing everything I just wrote isn't a fantasy :lol: :) :beer:

Latest posts