VEGE PATCH. What's growing in yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next step of the process..
1597136023_20200811_145946_compress23.jpg

Mackka said:
I dont think Super Glue will fix it mate. Can they be welded?
Mackka
Already in the bin now Mackka.... anyone would think I was cutting steel with them (caught me by surprise that's for sure).

So for fathers day I'll be wanting a nice pair of secatuers, and that special tool that does up the nuts for taps, and the ryobi hedge trimmer attachment for the whipper snipper. :D

Hey Silver, I feel for ya mate nothing worse than having to bin a lifelong friend, ah, secatuers.
Nice Fathers Day list mate. If the budget allows it , buy Felco, not cheap but excellent steel that holds an edge.
Cheers
Mackka

If the budget allows and you plan on doing a fair amount of gardening I would reccomed one of these. I only have one because I used to prune vineyards for a living but they are a life long tool and great in my own garden. Now days most of the vineyard contractors use electric lithium ones.
1597470357_screenshot_20200815_151249.jpg
at $160 a pair try not to loose them in the mulch though :argh:

Thanks fellas.... I could go with the $160 ones but could need cpr after handing out that kinda cash :eek:

I'm just a cheapskate lol (chew the branches of if'n I had strong teeth just to save a buck) :p

Because getting lights put me 1 month behind I'm not sure if it's to late to germinate cherry tomatoes?
Anyone advice pls?

20xwater said:
Because getting lights put me 1 month behind I'm not sure if it's to late to germinate cherry tomatoes?
Anyone advice pls?

When is your main growing season 20x. Being about 1000k nth of Melb I don't see why it would be too late. I've only sown a few handful of tomato seeds so far. Will sow out the most in the next few weeks.

Hard Luck said:
20xwater said:
Anyone advice pls?

When is your main growing season 20x. Being about 1000k nth of Melb I don't see why it would be too late. I've only sown a few handful of tomato seeds so far. Will sow out the most in the next few weeks.
Growing season, I'm trying to figure out because November here last year was allready over 30.
So I'm thinking to do it here I have to germinate mid winter..
Or..
Germinate mid summer(hab in cool mode) and grow through the fall aiming at harvest pre winter..
Either way I'm going to have to build green houses I think...?

Previous settings turned out to be all wrong.

Now I have the 2 fluros on it was getting to 33 degrees during the day. So I've switched the timing so the habs night and day is the reverse of ours so I can use the fan to circulate new and cooler air in. I've had to work out a new fan speed setting balanced with the humidifier and the it's flow rate (knob on front).
All balanced out so that the new air in decreases the humidity @ 0.1% every 30 seconds until it hits 76% and a 2 minute delay.
Then the humidifier kicks in and increases humidity at the same rate until it hits 80% and the cycle begins again.
1597758789_20200818_231329_compress62.jpg

Heaps better heat settings..
1597758905_20200818_231209_compress73.jpg

Getting closer to understanding this thing I've created :playful:

Latest posts